1,000 Japanese officials, enterprises to visit Vietnam early 2020
The Vietnamese government gives priority to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership.
A delegation of 1,000 Japanese state officials and enterprises led by Secretary General of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) and Chairman of the Japan – Vietnam Friendship Parliamentary Alliance Nikai Toshihiro would visit Vietnam in January 2020.
|Overview of the meeting. Source: VGP.|
They are scheduled to meet Vietnamese state agencies, the National Assembly and the business community in Da Nang, presenting an opportunity for the two countries to tighten relation, said Takebe Tsutomu, special advisor to the Japan – Vietnam Friendship Parliamentary Alliance in a meeting with Deputy Prime Minister Vuong Dinh Hue on November 18.
Japan’s ODA to Vietnam has been increasing strongly following meetings between Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe in Japan and Thailand recently, said Tsutomu.
Tsutomu expected support from the Vietnamese government to speed up the construction process of Vietnam – Japan University under the Vietnam National University (VNU), a symbol of cooperation in education and training sectors between the two countries.
Vietnam’s Deputy PM Hue said the Vietnamese government gives priority to the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership.
According to Hue, the VNU is tasked with finalizing a report on the project using Japan’s ODA and a special financing mechanism regarding the Vietnam – Japan university and submit it to the government for consideration.
Both Hue and Tsutomu agreed to further bilateral cooperation in trade, investment and human resources development, while sharing experience and transferring technologies in the agricultural sector in the coming time.
- EVFTA provides platforms for businesses to navigate Covid-19 impacts
- Phu Quoc International Airport receives Airport Health Accreditation certification
- Vietnam’s trade turnover projected to reach record high of US$600 billion in 2021
- Addressing business concerns remain priority for localities: Deputy PM
- Vietnamese Gov’t lowers GDP growth forecast to 3.5% this year
- Vietnam among top 5 ideal destinations for expats in Asia-Pacific: Survey
- Aligned interests to take Vietnam-Germany relations to new height
- Vietnam welcomes US investments in high potential fields
- German investors choose Vietnam for their supply chain
- Vietnam, US to prioritize cooperation in digitalization
ASEAN, Japan to stabilize supply chains
EVFTA provides platforms for businesses to navigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
Vietnam postpones 31st SEA Games to May 2022
Vietnam in need of national strategy for veggie exports to EU
Vietnam donates Laos US$2 million for pandemic fight
Mao Bookstore - the oldest bookstore in Dinh Le Street
Vietnam’s biggest Covid-19 makeshift hospital to be closed
UN Security Council holds emergency meeting over North Korea