184 Vietnamese students take part in National Excellent Student Contest for 2020-21
The Hanoitimes - The Hanoi team strives to achieve over 146 prizes in the National Excellent Student Contest of the 2020-2021 academic year.
About 184 high school students of Hanoi’s team took the exams in 12 subjects at the National Excellent Student Competition of the 2020-21 school year, according to the Ministry of Education and Training (MoET).
|About 184 high school students of Hanoi’s team take the exams in 12 subjects at the National Excellent Student Competition of the 2020-2021 school year. Photo: Thanh Hai|
In 2020, despite Covid-19, Hanoi's education sector has attained many achievements in national and international excellent student competitions with 338 awards and medals of all kinds.
From December 25-27, the National Excellent Student Contest for the school year 2020-21 took place simultaneously across the country, according to the MOET.
In this year's exam, more than 4,500 candidates competed in 12 subjects including mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, informatics, literature, history, geography, English, Russian, French and Chinese. Biology draws the major number of contestants with 501 students while only 61 students signed up for the Russian language exam, the fewest number. On average, most of the exams had more than 400 candidates each.
The exam questions were created by the MOET and sent to the examination boards of the provincial education and training departments. In addition to the written test this year, contestants had to take the speaking test in foreign language subjects as well as practical exams for three subjects including physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
- Vietnam ranked among 10 countries with world’s lowest unemployment rate
- Frosty cold spell hits Hanoi, northern Vietnam
- Hanoi to provide plentiful goods for upcoming Tet holiday: Official
- Covid-19 likely causes more maternal mortality in Vietnam: UNFPA
- Bad weather worsens air pollution in Hanoi
Hanoi to invest at least 1% of GRDP in sci-tech by 2025
Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
Vietnam needs to ensure uninterrupted care for elderly in pandemic: UNFPA
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic