46 cities and provinces announce school break to prevent nCoV spread
The Hanoitimes - The two biggest cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, each detecting three cases positive with ConV, have granted a week off as of Monday to 4 million students.
Three Vietnamese major cities and 43 other provinces have announced a one-week school break for pupils from kindergarten level to high school to prevent the spreading of the Wuhan-rooted coronavirus.
Illustrative photo by Ngoc Thanh/Vnexpress.
The two biggest cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, each detecting three cases positive with nCoV, have granted a week off as of Monday to 4 million students.
While other provinces and cities namely Vinh Phuc, Thanh Hoa, Long An, Kien Giang, among others have allowed their pupils to be away from schools for seven days from February 3 to February 9 while as many as 70 universities across the country have rescheduled and postponed their classes.
The decisions were made following the unpredictable evolution of the epidemic which has caused eight infections across the country.
This is the first time ever such provinces have offered such a long school break for students due to an epidemic. Students across the country already took 7 to 16 days of Lunar New Year break. Classes resumed on January 30-31 and suspended again from today.
- Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad
- Vietnam to proceed with national exam despite return of Covid-19
- Hanoi plans to halve number of colleges and vocational schools
- Vietnam may operate repatriation flights for Vietnamese students in US
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Fulbright University Vietnam receives USAID grant worth US$4.65 million
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Hanoi: Int'l schools prioritize students' well-being in Covid-19 fight
Hanoi to enter intense phase of coronavirus battle next week
PM asks for balance in pursuing dual target amid Covid-19 crisis
Hanoi appoints personnel replacing suspended mayor
Hanoi to suspend entertainment activities to mourn late Party chief
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors