46 cities and provinces announce school break to prevent nCoV spread
The Hanoitimes - The two biggest cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, each detecting three cases positive with ConV, have granted a week off as of Monday to 4 million students.
Three Vietnamese major cities and 43 other provinces have announced a one-week school break for pupils from kindergarten level to high school to prevent the spreading of the Wuhan-rooted coronavirus.
Illustrative photo by Ngoc Thanh/Vnexpress.
The two biggest cities, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, each detecting three cases positive with nCoV, have granted a week off as of Monday to 4 million students.
While other provinces and cities namely Vinh Phuc, Thanh Hoa, Long An, Kien Giang, among others have allowed their pupils to be away from schools for seven days from February 3 to February 9 while as many as 70 universities across the country have rescheduled and postponed their classes.
The decisions were made following the unpredictable evolution of the epidemic which has caused eight infections across the country.
This is the first time ever such provinces have offered such a long school break for students due to an epidemic. Students across the country already took 7 to 16 days of Lunar New Year break. Classes resumed on January 30-31 and suspended again from today.
- First Vietnamese professor wins European Mathematical prize
- No need for students to wear anti-drop masks: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi mayor requires strict compliance of Covid-19 prevention protocol at school
- Vietnamese student wins Global Citizenship Student Award 2020
- Vietnam to hold national exam as Covid-19 is contained
- Hanoi removes fourth subject from high school exam due to Covid-19
- Vietnam students may return to schools by June 15
- Challenges of online classes during Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam education ministry trims curricula as schools stay shut
- Hanoi extends school break till April 5 on Covid-19
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots