A look at Com cake – Hanoi’s favorite treat
The Hanoitimes - People often have fond memories when they see Cốm cake, as this is a must have in happy occasions, like weddings or Lunar New Year.
Banh Com (green sticky rice cake) is one of Hanoi’s specialties, which is a kind of sweet cake in northern Vietnam that is made of Cốm (young green sticky rice flakes) and mung bean filling.
People often have fond memories when they see Com cake, as this is a must have in happy occasions, like weddings or Lunar New Year.
Fresh Com, however, is only available in autumn, but now people can enjoy the dried version in Bánh Cốm all year round. Hanoians know where they can find the best Com cake that preserves its traditional taste, which is Ngoc Ninh store, located at 53 Hang Than street, Nguyen Trung Truc ward, Ba Dinh district.
To this day, Ngoc Ninh Com cake are sold at 250 super markets nationwide and abroad.
|Mrs. Do Thi Thanh, the woman who built the Ngoc Ninh Com cake brand at 52 Hang Than, Hanoi.|
|Com cake after being cook are put into wrapping papers.|
|The wrapping process of Com cake.|
|Com cake costs around VND5,000 (US$0.22) apiece.|
|People often have fond memories when they see Com cake, as this is a must have in happy occasions, like weddings or Lunar New Year.|
|Hanoians often send Com cake to their friends or relatives in other parts of the country, or even abroad, as a special gift.|
|At Ngoc Ninh, locals can find the best Com cake that preserves its traditional taste.|
|Ngoc Ninh Com cake in final package.|
- ‘Workation’: The rise of a hybrid travel trend after the pandemic
- Hanoi: relics, temples and religious sites closed – people do the worship ritual from distance
- Hanoi specialty for Tet: candied lotus seed
- The main rituals in the Lunar New Year Festival
- New unique Banh Chung attracts diners
- Hanoi: Environment protection message is delivered on the Kitchen God Farewell’s day
- Hanoians enjoy oldest spring flower market in Hang Luoc street
- Anyone has tasted all the street food of Hanoi?
- Sommelier Ho Tuan Minh: Always proud of Vietnam's national dish
- Expended pedestrian street space around Hoan Kiem Lake opened
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam begins Covid-19 vaccination today
Domestic tourism stimulation: March promotions launched
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar
Online schooling - a challenge for students and teachers
Vietnam Airlines attendant prosecuted for spreading Covid-19