Another Covid-19 patient recovers and discharged from hospital
The Hanoitimes - The man, identified as “patient 18”, was allowed to go home after having tested negative for the coronavirus three times.
A 27-year-old man has fully recovered and was discharged from hospital on Friday morning after two weeks under treatment, becoming the first among 69 active patients to be cured.
| Patient No.18 is discharged from hospital on March 20 morning. Photo: Tuoi Tre Online|
The man, identified as “patient 18”, was allowed to go home from Ninh Binh Provincial General Hospital after having tested negative for the coronavirus three times.
He arrived in Daegu city, the epicenter of South Korea, on February 17 and returned to Vietnam on March 4. He was taken to a military school in Ninh Binh province for quarantine upon arrival.
He will have to self-isolate at home for two weeks under the supervision of local health workers.
Before him, 16 Covid-19 patients were cured and discharged by February 16.
During more than three weeks Vietnam reported no new cases of coronavirus infection until March 6 when the 17th case in the country was found in Hanoi.
Ten other active patients have tested negative for first and several times, including patient No.17. However, patient No.17’s aunt, aged 64, is in a critical health status.
Vietnam today [March 20] has reported two new infected people who are nurses working at Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi, taking the toll of infections to 87.
- May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
- May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
- Vietnam’s health ministry plans to repatriate Covid-19 British patient
- May 18: Vietnam coronavirus cases hit 324, latest infections are imported
- May 15: Vietnam records 25 new Covid-19 cases, all imported
- Vietnam mobilizes best doctors to cure British Covid-19 patient
- Lung transplant indicated for British Covid-19 patient
- May 12: Vietnam goes through 26 days without new local coronavirus infection
- May 11: Eight more Covid-19 patients in Vietnam recover, infection count flat
- May 7: Vietnam confirms 17 more coronavirus cases, all imported
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
May 27: Six more Vietnamese Covid-19 patients recover, 49 active cases left
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots