April 12: Vietnam reports 2 more coronavirus cases, 260 in total
Coronavirus transmission pace seems to slow over the last few days, with several cases confirmed per day.
Vietnam on Sunday [April 12] confirmed two more coronavirus cases, bringing the total number to 260, the Ministry of Health reported.
|Many areas maintain strict quarantine. Photo: Thanh Nien|
Both new cases are from Hanoi’s Ha Loi village that is currently on lockdown. The village of more than 11,000 residents is being isolated for two weeks.
So far, eight villagers have tested positive for the virus. The village’s first coronavirus case is linked to Bach Mai Hospital, the biggest epicenter in Vietnam.
As of April 12, as many as 144 Covid-19 patients have fully recovered, accounting for 55.38% of the case count.
Meanwhile, the active cases are under treatment at 14 medical facilities. Of total 116 active cases, one patient is supported by extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), two with ventilators, and five given breathing assistance, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the total 260 Covid-19 patients in Vietnam, 159 were from abroad (accounting for 61.2%) and 101 others are secondary transmissions.
Currently, as many as 57,726 Vietnamese nationals coming from coronavirus-affected areas are under quarantine at concentrated areas, statistics by the National Committee for Search and Rescue (Vinasarcom) showed.
- Hanoi confirms over 200 Covid-19 patients for seven consecutive days
- Hanoi no longer requires Covid-19 quarantine mandate on returnees from high-risk areas
- HCMC-based Cho Ray Hospital honored at International Hospital Federation’s awards
- Hanoi shortens interval between AstraZeneca doses
- Hanoi to set up more than 500 makeshift medical stations
- Phase-out of mercury-containing dental fillings gains momentum
- Vietnam vaccine passports recognized by US, UK
- Japan’s drug maker to begin Covid-19 vaccine Phase 3 clinical trial in Vietnam
- Vietnam reports more Covid-19 infections, big cities urge vaccine booster shots
- Vietnam's child coronavirus vaccination drive kicks off in HCMC
Vietnam among Switzerland’s priorities for economic cooperation: Swiss President
Post-pandemic tourism: harnessing the value of cultural heritages
Marvelous season of marigold flowers in Ba Vi Mountain
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam
Vietnam holds national cultural conference after 75 years
Surge in supply of Vietnam’s green buildings
Hanoi begins inoculating children with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines
Initiative supports Vietnamese SIBs in addressing Covid-19 aftermath