August 4: Vietnam’s coronavirus infections rise to 652
The Hanoitimes - The newest cases are all linked to Danang, the hot spot of coronavirus outbreak after 99 days of no local transmission in Vietnam.
The number of coronavirus infections in Vietnam hit 652 as of Tuesday after 10 new patients were confirmed to be positive with the virus this morning.
|As the infections surge, Vietnam intensifies massive testing. Photo: Vietnamfinance|
All the newly-infected cases are linked to Danang and hospitals in the beach city in particular, according to the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control.
The new daily batch brings the country’s total locally-transmitted infections to 205 since the return of community transmission on July 25, including 142 in Danang, 44 in Quang Nam, 8 in Ho Chi Minh City, 3 in Quang Ngai and Dak Lak each, 2 in Hanoi, 1 in Thai Binh, Ha Nam and Dong Nai each.
|Vietnam's new coronavirus infections and total from the return of SARS-CoV-2 in the community. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
Over the last four days, six Covid-19 patients aging from 53 to 88 have died due to pre-existing condition. They are the first deaths of the diease in Vietnam since the first Covid-19 case in the country was reported on January 23.
Currently, another 13 patients are in critical health status.
Meanwhile, the number of convalescents reaches 374 or 58.25% of the total infections.
Since the virus reappeared in the community, the number of people put under quarantine is on the rise. At present, up to 103,000 are quarantined at hospitals, concentrated centers, and at home.
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
- August 23: Vietnam’s Covid-19 death toll rises to 27
EVFTA to help realize Vietnam's high-income status ambition: Expert
UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
Slow extension of FiT scheme hurts investor appetite in Vietnam wind power: GWEC
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread