August 6: Vietnam reports 4 new Covid-19 cases, count hits 717
The Hanoitimes - SARS-CoV-2 has been reported in 11 cities and provinces after the confirmation of community transmission on July 25.
Vietnam’s health authorities on Thursday morning confirmed another four coronavirus infections linked to Danang, taking the tally to 717.
|As coronavirus continues to spread, Vietnam has acted promptly to deal with. Photo: VNA|
In a morning bulletin by the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control, among the four new cases is one 42-year-old man in Hanoi positive with SARS-CoV-2.
In a yesterday announcement, Lang Son and Bac Giang were the new provinces having Covid-19 patients. All of them returned home from a tour to Danang in July.
As such, SARS-CoV-2 is currently reported in the community in 11 cities and provinces across Vietnam, including Danang (192); Quang Nam (49); Ho Chi Minh City 8; Lang Son 4; Hanoi 3; Quang Ngai and Dak Lak 3 each; Bac Giang 2; Thai Binh, Ha Nam, and Dong Nai 1 each.
|Vietnam's new coronavirus infections and tally from resurgence of local infections on July 25. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
As of August 6, Vietnam has reported eight coronavirus deaths. All the dead victims are already vulnerable people with pre-existing diseases after the resurgence of coronavirus outbreaks in the country on July 25.
So far, 381 patients have become convalescents, accounting for 53.13% of the country’s total casesload.
Currently, more than 120,000 people are being quarantined across the country.
- Vietnam to maintain strict control of foreign arrivals ahead of Tet
- Second made-in-Vietnam COVID-19 vaccine to begin human trials after Tet
- Vietnam’s cancer rate worsen in 2020
- Vietnam needs to ensure uninterrupted care for elderly in pandemic: UNFPA
- Hanoi to conduct Covid-19 test for all National Party Congress delegates
- An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
- Vietnam to test highest dose of Covid-19 vaccine
- From which partners will Vietnam buy Covid-19 vaccine?
- Second human trials of Covid-19 vaccine expected to start this month
- Ministry of Health to cut 30% administrative procedures
Hanoi sets five orientations to ensure success of 13th National Party Congress tenure 2021-25
Vietnam steel export in 2021 set to grow further
Hanoi gives gifts to needy workers
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic