August 8: Coronavirus infections in Vietnam exceed 800
The Hanoitimes - The majority of the newly-infected cases are linked to Danang where SARS-CoV-2 reemerged in the community.
Vietnam’s Covid-19 infections hit 810 on Saturday after the authorities announced 21 more cases in the evening.
|Testing remains one of the main preventive measures in Vietnam's battle against Covidd-19. Photo: VNA|
The new infections drive up the cases in Danang to 249, the highest among affected localities in Vietnam.
Khanh Hoa is the newest locality to report one infection, together with 13 other cities and provinces nationwide.
Currently, the country’s active cases are around 52% of the total infections, and the death toll stands at 10.
So far, the sources of the first locally-transmitted infection detected in Danang on July 25 remains unknown. Danang Hospital becomes the largest hot spot since the resurgence of the community transmission.
|Vietnam's coronavirus caseload since July 25. Source: MOH. Chart: Linh Pham|
On Saturday, the National Steering Committee on Covid-19 Prevention and Control asked Danang’s Department of Health to take tests on all patients of this hospital who were discharged from July 15 to July 26.
On the same day, Acting Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long decided to set up five working groups to check the Covid-19 prevention and control mission in a number of hospitals across the country.
Meanwhile, hospitals are required to strictly classify patients and people coming for checkups to mitigate the transmission and casualties as well.
- Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
- Last patient discharged from hospital, Danang free of Covid-19
- Vietnam to add medical supplies and equipment to national reserves
- Vietnam undergoes a week without local coronavirus infections
- Vietnam announces 35th Covid-19-related death
- Vietnam to adopt greater integration of technology in healthcare
- Vietnam reports 33rd Covid-19-related fatality
- Hanoi has one more Covid-19 case
- Vietnam confirms 30th coronavirus death
- Vietnam included in Australia’s US$58 million support for Covid-19 vaccine access
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 3.2% to US$13.76 billion in Jan-Sept
Vietnam ranks fourth on Agoda 2020 travel wishlist
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Vietnam receives first int'l commercial flight after six months
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread