Jun 07, 2016 / 17:22
Bac Giang lychees exported to the US
Anh Duong Sao Ltd Company in Ho Chi Minh City has successfully shipped more than 1 million tons of lychees to the US.
All lychees were bought from GlobalGap- standardised cultivation areas in Luc Ngan District, northern Bac Giang province.
Anh Duong Sao Company Director Pham Ngoc Tu said businesses should thoroughly understand customers’ taste before penetrating the US market.
Moreover, their products should meet strict requirements of importers, Tu said.
Tu revealed that his company will consider buying another 20 tons of lychees to export to the market this year.
Meanwhile, Nguyen Van Dong, director of Hong Giang Co-operative in Luc Ngan District, said the co-operative placed an order directly with farmers from early June for products to export to the US. This is a good news for lychee farmers in Hong Giang village and Bac Giang province as well.
Experts said strict requirements from demanding markets like the US, Australia, Japan and the EU create a motive for farmers to produce and process products according to global standards.
Last year, Anh Duong Sao was the first company to ship lychees to the US.
Bac Giang province is expected to yield 130,000 tons of lychees this season, 40% of which will be for exports.
- Vietnam seeks sustainable partnership with US in agricultural production
- Vietnam negotiates new markets for local farm produce
- Int’l agritech helps solve Vietnam pressing challenges in agriculture
- Vietnam joins Australia's new visa program for agricultural workers
- Digital transformation creates breakthrough for Hanoi farming
- Hanoi to pilot agricultural and rural tourism models this year
- Hanoi prioritizes sustainable development of agricultural production
- Vietnam announces strategy to become world’s major farm producer by 2030
- Bringing farm produce abroad: Role of overseas Vietnamese is significant
- Vietnam targets green and climate-resilient agricultural sector by 2030
Dream of a riverside city
SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
Vietnam’s business environment favorable for foreign investors: Warburg Pincus
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour
Vietnamese PM meets American giant corporations in Washington
EC recognizes Vietnam's Covid-19 digital certificates