Communist Party of Vietnam convenes 15th plenum
The Hanoitimes - The plenum will also discuss about personnel for the Central Party Committee, the Politburo, and the Secretariat.
The 15th plenum of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s Central Committee opens today [January 16] and will last until January 18.
|The 15th plenum of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV)’s Central Committee opens on January 16|
The event is said to be “extremely important”, discussing and deciding a number of issues, including the nominations of four top positions of the country for the 13th National Party Congress that is scheduled to take place on January 25-February 2.
|Secretary General of the CPV and State President Nguyen Phu Trong|
Four top positions refer to General Secretary of the CPV, State President, Chairpersons of the National Assembly, and Prime Minister.
Candidates for the key positions must be among incumbent members of the Politburo, the country’s most powerful body.
|Executive Member of the Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong delivers a speech. Photos: Nhat Bac/VGP|
Attending the event includes Secretary General of the CPV and State President Nguyen Phu Trong, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Chairwoman of the National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan, and Executive Member of the Secretariat Tran Quoc Vuong.
CPV Secretary General and State President Nguyen Phu Trong said the plenum will cover several issues namely personnel for the Central Party Committee, the Politburo, and the Secretariat.
Other contents will include passing documents to be submitted for the 13th Congress, approving the list of the Chairmanship, Secretary and Supervision Boards for the congress, and giving ideas on the Party’s financial statement for the 2016-20 term.
- Van Don Int’l Airport reopens from March 3
- Vietnam ambassador re-nominated for UN International Law Commission
- Vietnam is doing its utmost for citizen protection in Texas
- Vietnam moves up among ranks of world’s top 60 soft power nations
- National database systems on population and citizen identification management launched
- Vietnam nominates 1,076 candidates for next term lawmakers
- Vietnam commits broader role in ASEAN environment protection 2021
- Germany to contribute additional EUR1.5B to global Covid vaccine sharing facility
- Vietnam increases spending for upcoming elections
- Vietnam applies for UN Human Rights Council membership
Hanoi youths set off for military service
Hanoi students to return to school next Tuesday amid tight medical control
Vietnam is doing its utmost for citizen protection in Texas
Illustrated paintings of Hanoi streets by Bui Xuan Phai
Vietnam, US to enhance economic cooperation after Covid-19
Hanoi to experience cold and rainy weather in coming days
New coronavirus variant found in dead Japanese patient in Vietnam
Climate change threatens world security: UN Security Council meeting
Heavenly scenery of green moss in Ly Son Island