Covid-19 epicenter in Danang must be stamped out: PM
The Vietnamese government has taken swift actions to help Danang respond to the outbreak.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc on August 3 asked for all-out efforts to be made nationwide to handle the resurgence of the novel coronavirus in Vietnam, first and foremost in the central city of Danang, local media reported.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc presides over the government's regular meeting for July. Photo: Quang Hieu|
Phuc warned localities not to be complacent and not to let the disease break out again on a large scale.
“Early August would be the decisive time to prevent the pandemic from spreading on a large scale, therefore all resources must be pooled to promptly handle the outbreak, especially the one in Danang,” the PM said.
He added that the Vietnamese government has taken swift actions to help Danang deal with the outbreak by dispatching a large number of health professionals from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to the locality. Other localities, like Quang Nam, have also adopted drastic measures to curb Covid-19.
Danang has become a hot spot over the past week after the first locally-transmitted coronavirus case was detected on July 24, ending a 99-day streak in Vietnam without community transmission.
As the second wave of the epidemic broke out in Vietnam, PM Phuc reminded localities of the spirit of “fighting Covid-19 like fighting the enemy” adopted several months ago.
He said the government has embarked on the policy of pandemic prevention and economic recovery at the same time to get the coronavirus-hit economy back on track. However, the PM acknowledged that challenges are still ahead.
At the time of writing, Vietnam had recorded 652 Covid-19 cases, including 374 recoveries and eight fatalities.
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
- Vietnam, Singapore parliaments ink agreement to boost cooperation
- PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
- Greece wants to be transshipment hub for Vietnam goods to EU
- Vietnam seeks UNICEF support for children-focused SDGs by 2030
- Vietnam seeks climate finance from G7
- Hanoi gives SEA Games 31 warm, thoughtful welcome
- Vietnam, Laos boost construction of road linking two capital cities
- SEA Games 31: Vietnam end group stage without conceding a goal
- Visitors to Vietnam no longer required Covid-19 testing
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
PM ends US trip with prospects of enhanced relations
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour