Covid-19 epidemic in Vietnam is under control
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam has done a great work in screening, preventing and quarantining Covid-19 suspected people.
Vietnam is at high risk of Covid-19 outbreak, but the country has kept it under control until now, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam said at a meeting on February 12.
|Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam speaks at the meeting. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
At the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam and other participants agreed that the epidemic situation remains complicated, but the number of infections in Vietnam is limited, and their treatment has yielded positive results.
Vietnam has done a great job in screening and quarantining people suspected of infection; disinfecting high-risk areas and preventing concentration of people, stressed the deputy PM.
More doctors will be sent to Vinh Phuc province, the locality with the most infected people. The central government will also support the province by providing medical equipment to help the locality stamp out the disease.
At the meeting, members of the Steering Committee for Disease Control and Prevention also asked local authorities to keep medical screening and isolation because this is a "golden period" to quarantine and stop the disease spreading.
The participation of communities during the "golden period" will contribute significantly in preventing the disease.
Vietnam has reported 15 cases of infection, of them seven have recovered and been discharged from hospital.
As of February 12, the number of nCoV infections reached 45,171 globally while the death toll has risen to 1,115, including two outside China.
- Another Vietnamese geopark recognized by UNESCO
- Recruitment demand in Vietnam drops 20% q/q in Q2 on Covid-19: Survey
- Vietnam starts collecting traffic fines online
- Vietnam: Nearly 8 million workers lose jobs or on furlough on Covid-19
- US ambassador announces completion of project to preserve UNESCO heritage site Ho Citadel
- Hanoi timely delivers aids to 385.4 thousand people hit by Covid-19
- Nearly 89% of Vietnam population covered by health insurance
- “Yoga from home”- celebrations of 6th Int’l Day of Yoga amid Covid-19
- UAE aids global efforts against Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam police to number 50 million citizens in a year
Hanoi seeks to restart zoning plan for Red river
Vietnam National Economic Advisory Council sees GDP growth at 3 – 4% in 2020
Vietnam brings home more than 1,100 citizens over past week
Hanoi targets hi-tech farming to make up 70% of total agricultural production value
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget