Exhibition on Vietnam old-time propaganda paintings opens in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The new thematic gallery will open for visitors until June 30, 2021.
The Hanoi-based Vietnam Fine Arts Museum opens a new thematic gallery entitled “Collection of propaganda paintings” on the occasion of the 54th anniversary of the establishment of the museum, the 75th anniversary of the August Revolution and the National Day (September 2).
“The youth followed Uncle Ho's footsteps” by Do Huu Hue
The gallery showcases 30 works of art from 1958 to 1986, many of them not only contributed to recording historical milestones of the national revolution and propaganda activities in all aspects of life, but also highlight the role and artistic values of this special graphic art genre, thereby providing the public with a panoramic view of Vietnamese art.
The gallery on propaganda paintings opens for visitors from June 23 to 30, 2021.
On this occasion, the museum also introduced a special publication on propaganda paintings entitled “Peace Aspiration” made by the museum itself in coordination with the Fine Arts Publishing House.
Following is the selection of some remarkable propaganda paintings:
“For the next generations” by Vu Thi Huyen
"Thanks to Uncle Ho and the Party, Meo people are now literate” by Quach Hung.
“For the future of us” by Minh My
- Hanoi hosts exhibition of digitized masterpieces “Magister Raffaello”
- Google Doodle celebrates Vietnam National Day with typical images
- Exhibition held to mark 75th anniversary of August Revolution
- Colorful “Hanoi – a green destination” lures massive tourists
- Exhibition on Vietnam old-time propaganda paintings opens in Hanoi
- Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
- Golden Bridge brings Vietnam photographer Best Architecture Photo Contest 2020
- Diverse cultural activities in Hanoi held to celebrate national holidays
- Photo taken by British photographer in Hanoi wins Grand Prize in US contest
- Online fine art exhibition held to mark 45th anniversary of national reunification
Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
Lawfare in the South China Sea weighs on with EU Three rejection
How significant is Vietnam-US oil and gas cooperation?
Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfation survey
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread