F1 race will be held in most secure health service condition: Spokesperson
The Hanoitimes - F1 Vietnam Grand Prix goes third on F1 22-race calendar, shortly after Australia and Bahrain, and will take place on April 5, 2020.
Vietnam's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) has noted that international activities in Vietnam that draw worldwide attention, including the Formula One (F1) race, should transpire in the safest health condition, Whatcar News reported.
MoFA Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang said that Vietnam is monitoring closely the epidemic situation and working out drastic measures to prevent and combat the spread of the new coronavirus and to soon contain the epidemic ahead of the F1 race in Hanoi, scheduled to take place in the upcoming April.
Until now, the coronavirus epidemic has negatively affected a series of international sports activities. In China, where the virus was first found, has announced the suspension of all sport events until the outbreak is over, which means the F1 Chinese Grandprix is at risk of being canceled.
F1 race is not the only sport event hit by the coronavirus as the International Automobile Federation (FIA) has decided to "skip" the Formula E (electric car race), which is planned to be held in the city of Shanya in Hainan island, China, on March 21.
F1 Vietnam Grand Prix goes third on F1's 22-race calendar, shortly after Australia and Bahrain, and is set to take place on April 5, 2020.
The F1 circuit, launched on March 20 last year and which is nearing completion, is considered the combination of modern technique, advanced technology, and traditional architecture. The track runs through some of Hanoi's major streets such as Le Duc Tho, Thang Long avenue and Me Tri and has 22 turns.
- Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
- Hanoi makes proposals to solve difficulties in land management and environmental protection
- Information technology will open a new era for Hanoi’s buses
- Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
- Hanoi to build two more underground parking lots in Ba Dinh Political Center
- Hanoi opens wide doors for South Korean investors: City Party chief
- Hanoi's tourism to lean on domestic market till end-2020
- Blazing heat attacks Hanoi
- Hanoi to hold event promoting Vietnamese goods in late May
- Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Netherlands, France, Japan
May 25: Vietnam reports one fresh coronavirus case, totaling 326
Japanese firm alleged to bribe Vietnam tax officials with US$232,000
Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots