F1 race to go ahead in Hanoi amid coronavirus concern
The Hanoitimes - The F1 race in Hanoi is expected to give a big boost to the local economy and reaffirm Vietnam as a safe destination.
Vietnam’s first Formula One (F1) grand prix will take place as planned on April 5, Reuters quoted Formula One Chief Executive Chase Carey as saying, despite concern about the coronavirus epidemic.
“The Vietnam Grand Prix will take place on April 5 in Hanoi. And to anticipate another question, we do plan to proceed with the race,” Chase Carey told analysts on a 2019 Q4 earnings call.
Carey said he would visit Hanoi on March 16, the day after the Australian season-opener in Melbourne.
The street race in Hanoi will be the third round of the season, after Melbourne (Australia) and Bahrain.
|A view of the F1 race track in Hanoi|
Construction on the 23-turn 5.6-kilometer track in Hanoi has been completed on schedule and meeting strict technical requirements by the International Automobile Federation (FIA), said Vietnam Grand Prix Corporation CEO Le Ngoc Chi.
“We are ready and can’t wait to welcome the world to Hanoi very soon,” Chi said in a statement.
The F1 race in Hanoi is expected to give a big boost to the local economy and reaffirm Vietnam as a safe destination.
Meanwhile, the Chinese Grand Prix scheduled for Shanghai on April 19 was called off this month.
Vietnam has detected people infected with Covid-19 and all have been cured. No new cases have been recorded since February 13, according to the Vietnamese health ministry.
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
- "For the Capital’s Traffic Safety 2020" contest launched in Hanoi
- 90 Hanoi handicrafts win product design contest 2020
- Vietnam’s top leader calls for support for flood victims in central region
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line arrives in Vietnam
Responsible business should be promoted in Vietnam for more foreign investment: Workshop
Vietnam and Japan agree on entry protocol for short term visits
ASEAN traditional costumes displayed at exhibition in Hanoi
Foreign investors' perception key to help upgrade Vietnam stock market: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam