Films to be screened for free to welcome Vietnam Film Festival in Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The week will kick off with a free screening of "Hanh phuc cua me" (Mom's happiness) by director Pham Huynh Dong
The Free Film Week to celebrate the 21st Vietnam Film Festival will be held in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City on November 6-12 and audiences will have chances to watch movies for free.
|Two main casts of Mom's happiness.|
The event is jointly held by the Vietnam Cinema Department under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, the National Cinema Center and DCINE JSC to celebrate the 21st Vietnam Film Festival, which will transpire on November 23-27.
The week will kick off with a free screening of "Hanh phuc cua me" (Mom's happiness) by director Pham Huynh Dong, a production of Diep Co Entertainment. The film tells a moving story of a sick and poor single mom who makes efforts to help her son with autism follow his dreams.
During the week, 30 well-known Vietnamese films will also be screened including Anh Thay Ngoi Sao ( Superstar Teacher), Chi Muoi Ba (13rd Sister), Hai Phuong (Furie), Song Lang (The Tap Box), Thang nam ruc ro (Go Go Sisters), and Thua Me Con Di (Goodbye Mother), among others.
People who are interested in domestic cinemas can get free tickets from the National Cinema Center at 87 Lang Ha, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi, and DCINE Ben Thanh on No. 6 Mac Dinh Chi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Each person can get a maximum of two tickets.
- Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
- Ample activity agenda to celebrate upcoming Tet in Hanoi
- Four coffee shops with enchanting view for photography lovers in Hanoi
- Three countdown parties will be held downtown Hanoi to welcome 2020
- Fantastic “Hong Kong Alley” in hub of Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- Thousands of people in Hanoi, HCM City flock downtown to celebrate Christmas
- 2020 K-pop Super Concert to rock up My Dinh National Stadium next January
- Netflix streams more Vietnamese movies from December
- Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
- Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
ASEAN foreign ministers express concerns about South China Sea developments
Hanoi's Old Quarter flower market overwhelmed with lucky red color
Vietnam faces difficulty in raising funds for infrastructure
Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
Vietnam targets to have 100,000 digital firms by 2030
Archbishop of Hanoi extends Tet greetings to municipal government
Connectivity to bolster Vietnam’s integration in global markets: WB
Vingroup suspends airline project
How Asia can ride the digital wave to spur financial development?