First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
The introduction of electric bus to Hanoi mass transit network is expected to encourage local residents to switch to public transport.
VinBus Ecology Transport Service Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Vingroup, officially put into operation the first smart electric bus in Vietnam.
|The first smart electric bus is underway in Hanoi. Photo: Vingroup|
The first mass transit line using electric buses will run in the urban area of Vinhomes Ocean Park, Gia Lam district, Hanoi. It is expected to soon connect with the city's mass transit system in the coming time.
VinBus is an electric bus model manufactured and assembled by VinFast automobile production complex in the northern port city of Hai Phong, converging modern technologies to improve safety as well as providing convenient services to customers.
The vehicle has a smart monitoring system that gives alerts if the driver shows signs of distraction, drowsiness or fatigue. Service attitude, vehicle speed and routing schedule are also supervised extensively to ensure the best service quality.
Free Wi-Fi, entertainment screens and other utility services will bring passengers an enjoyable and relaxing experience while onboard of the electric bus.
VinBus owns a battery capacity of 281 kWh and travels distances of up to 260 km. The vehicle can be fully charged during two hours at the 150kW fast charging station network of VinBus.
“We hope to bring about a positive image of the bus so that more people will switch to public transport, thereby significantly reduce urban tailpipe emission and noise pollution,” said Nguyen Van Thanh, Deputy General Director of VinBus.
Once the local authority approves the deployment of the electric bus line, the company will open more bus routes to connect with the municipal mass transit network , serving a larger number of people.
- Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
- Hanoi strives to create 10,000 jobs for rural workers
- NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
- Hanoi polytechnic lecturer receives Italian Order of the Star
- Hanoi named in Vietnam’s top 10 business-friendly localities
- E-government key to improve Hanoi public satisfaction on governance: Expert
- Some 350,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to be administered for Hanoi residents
- Vietnam Stock Exchange set to have registered capital of US$130 million
- Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
- First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking