Foxconn to recruit 1,000 workers in Vietnam
The Hanoitimes - Vietnam is currently Foxconn’s largest production hub in Southeast Asia.
Taiwan-based Foxconn or Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as a major manufacturing partner of Apple, has announced its plan to recruit 1,000 workers for assembling electronic parts.
Under the announcement, workers are required to work at Dinh Tram, Quang Chau, and Van Trung industrial parks in Bac Giang province, and Que Vo industrial park in Bac Ninh province, with an income of VND8-10 million (US$348-435) per month.
Foxconn among investors receive investment licenses from Bac Giang's authorities. Photos: Duong Thuy
In January, the firm received an investment license from the authority of Vietnam’s northeastern province Bac Giang for a US$270-million manufacturing project.
The plant would be specialized in manufacturing tablets and laptops for Apple with the production capacity of eight million units per year.
Making inroads into Vietnam in 2007 with the first two manufacturing plants in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang provinces, the country is currently Foxconn’s largest production hub in Southeast Asia.
As of December 2020, total investment capital of the group stood at US$1.5 billion and employed over 53,000 locals, in which the investment capital in Bac Giang province amounted to US$900 million.
In 2021, the group would continue to invest another US$700 million and create jobs for 10,000 people.
Foxconn is currently rushing to shift away from being overly dependent on Chinese production as reported by Nikkei, with the goal of making its production outside China total more than 30% of its overall production.
Rival companies such as Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Pegatron and contract manufacturer Wistron have also decided to expand into Vietnam, with the latter planning to invest US$1 billion to build a manufacturing complex at the Nam Dinh Vu industrial park in the northern city of Haiphong.
- Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
- Danish feed company takes major share in Vietnam shrimp manufacturer
- Vietnam holds potential to become new destination for global investors
- FDI disbursement in Vietnam rises 2% to US$2.5 billion in Jan-Feb
- Vietnam kicks off Tuyen Quang – Phu Tho expressway construction
- Vietnam eyes greater regional integration in 4th amendment to ASEAN Investment Agreement
- Foxconn to recruit 1,000 workers in Vietnam
- Vietnam 5G smartphones go on sales in US
- Investors ramp up investment activities after Tet
- Vietnam remains second most favorite destination among Japanese firms shifting production: JETRO
No violation of human rights in Covid-19 fight in Vietnam
Aviation authority wants to allow Boeing 737 Max airplanes entering Vietnam airspace
Vietnam Ao dai Week 2021 has been strongly responded
Vietnam to elect top positions at next parliament session
Hanoi nominates candidates for next term parliament
PM expects more Vietnamese multinationals to emerge by 2045
Vietnam eyes potential of homemade Covid-19 vaccine
Securities association expresses concern over prospect of 1,000 shares minimum trading lot
Vietnam repatriates citizens from Myanmar