France’s former PM impressed by Hanoi’s beauty
The Hanoitimes - France’s former PM praised Hanoi city's growth rate and expressed his belief that will surely overcome many challenges in the modernization process.
France’s former Prime Minister and President of the World Peace Organization Jean Pierre Raffarin expressed his impression of Hanoi’s beauty, a millenial city with many architectural similarities with Paris at a meeting with Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung on December 16.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung presents France’s former Prime Minister Jean Pierre Raffarin a souvenir. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Jean Pierre Raffarin praised Hanoi city's rapid economic growth and expressed his belief that with the efforts and determination of the municipal government and the city’s available potential, Hanoi will surely overcome many challenges in the modernization process.
For his part, Hanoi Mayor Nguyen Duc Chung expressed his delight at the election of Vietnam by the World Peace Organization to be the first country in Asia to hold rotational activities within the framework of Mobile Forum for Peace on December 16 and 17.
Especially, the event took place in Hanoi, the city awarded the title of City for Peace by UNESCO.
Chung emphasized that Hanoi is implementing many socio-economic policies towards sustainable development, with special focus on environmental issues.
The mayor expressed his hope that the World Peace Organization’s mission would have an effective working program in Vietnam.
At the meeting, the two sides also exchanged views on sustainable peace, shared experiences and vision on building a peaceful city, among others.
- 120 businesses in Hanoi and provinces join Vietnamese Goods Fair 2020
- Hanoi residents must wear face masks in public places, crowded events: Official
- Hanoi, Foreign Ministry partner to enhance city's position and image
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
- "For the Capital’s Traffic Safety 2020" contest launched in Hanoi
Vietnam well-positioned for IT firms globally: Experts
Hanoi residents must wear face masks in public places, crowded events: Official
Hanoi, Foreign Ministry partner to enhance city's position and image
Vietnam to finalize legal framework for smart city model
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam