France’s former PM impressed by Hanoi’s beauty
The Hanoitimes - France’s former PM praised Hanoi city's growth rate and expressed his belief that will surely overcome many challenges in the modernization process.
France’s former Prime Minister and President of the World Peace Organization Jean Pierre Raffarin expressed his impression of Hanoi’s beauty, a millenial city with many architectural similarities with Paris at a meeting with Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung on December 16.
|Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung presents France’s former Prime Minister Jean Pierre Raffarin a souvenir. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Jean Pierre Raffarin praised Hanoi city's rapid economic growth and expressed his belief that with the efforts and determination of the municipal government and the city’s available potential, Hanoi will surely overcome many challenges in the modernization process.
For his part, Hanoi Mayor Nguyen Duc Chung expressed his delight at the election of Vietnam by the World Peace Organization to be the first country in Asia to hold rotational activities within the framework of Mobile Forum for Peace on December 16 and 17.
Especially, the event took place in Hanoi, the city awarded the title of City for Peace by UNESCO.
Chung emphasized that Hanoi is implementing many socio-economic policies towards sustainable development, with special focus on environmental issues.
The mayor expressed his hope that the World Peace Organization’s mission would have an effective working program in Vietnam.
At the meeting, the two sides also exchanged views on sustainable peace, shared experiences and vision on building a peaceful city, among others.
- A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnamese consumers prefer using cashless payments
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors