Ha Long Bay one of prettiest cruise destinations
The Hanoitimes - Social media is an incredibly influential tool for travelers these days, and a vast majority of us use the likes of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to share our experiences and holiday snaps. Your pictures of Ha Long Bay posted on Instagram could become a “like” magnet.
Ha Long Bay, Quang Ninh province in Vietnam.
A romantic notion indeed, but just a folk tale – these huge cliffs were actually created over 500 million years as a result of erosion from ocean currents and weather.
Woman and Home advises travelers to explore its many caves and swim in its warm waters on a traditional junk boat cruise from the mainland city of Ha Long – and make sure you stay overnight to see the place at sunrise.
Dubrovnik in Croatia tops the list, followed by the Maldives, Ha Long Bay in Vietnam, Santorini in Greece, Giza in Egypt.
Earlier, Ha Long Bay in Quang Ninh province, Vietnam has been named among the 25 most beautiful places around the world to celebrate the Earth Day, according to CNN, a US news cable and satellite television channel.
Its enduring popularity has made Ha Long Bay one of the hottest natural attractions in Southeast Asia. With 1,969 islets of hulking limestone and deep, green waters that are home to myriad floating villages, this is a place where time slows to a standstill, CNN wrote.
CNN advises travelers to sail on a junk boat or pick up a kayak, and get lost in the quieter reaches of this vast and fascinating corner of the South China Sea, which is also known as the East Sea in Vietnam.
- Poland – the country of amazing destinations
- Ha Long Bay among world’s 25 most beautiful places: CNN
- What do you know about Poland? Here’s a chance!
- Discovering enthralling Vietnamese history with 6 finest museums in Hanoi
- Danang becomes latest addition to Thailand-based event planner MICE
- Red River named among eight world's greatest river cruises
- Hanoi's Tran Quoc Pagoda listed among world’s top 20 most beautiful Buddhist temples
- Bat Trang officially recognized as Hanoi's tourism destination
- Duong Lam ancient village – a must-visit destination in Hanoi
- CNN lists seven of Vietnam’s best cave experiences
Vietnamese banks come closer to big deals
Room for Vietnam-Russia trade growth remains large: Deputy PM
Hundreds of employees quit Hanoi’s first metro line
Hanoi yet to decide pricing of water from controversial Duong river waterworks
Hanoi’s air quality index on week days: Mostly at bad levels
Vietnam’s role in reshaping Asian supply chains is growing: HSBC
Foreign businesses seek more revision of Vietnam’s investment policy
Hanoi to host series of activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day