Half of Hanoi’s AQI readings on November 30 at very bad level
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 98 to 170.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has seen half of the readings reach the very bad level, indicating worse pollution, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On November 30 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 98 to 170.
Hanoi’s AQI increased considerably and was mostly at the 'bad' and 'very bad' level, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (170), Pham Van Dong (167) and Hang Dau (165).
Other areas had AQI below 150 such as Hoan Kiem, Tay Mo, My Dinh, Kim Lien. Tan Mai’s AQI was recorded at 98, the only reading was at the average level yesterday.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
- Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
- Hanoi downtown district persists in classifying waste at source
- Hanoi records positive changes in urban planning and management
- Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
- Hanoi makes proposals to solve difficulties in land management and environmental protection
- Information technology will open a new era for Hanoi’s buses
- Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
- Hanoi to build two more underground parking lots in Ba Dinh Political Center
- Hanoi opens wide doors for South Korean investors: City Party chief
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots