Hanoi aims to be a sci-tech hub of the country: City Party chief
The Hanoitimes - In the period of 2021 – 2025, Hanoi aims to develop science, technology and innovation as a major driving force for the city’s socio-economic development.
Hanoi has been making efforts to become a sci-tech hub of the country, Kinhtedothi.vn quoted Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue as saying at a meeting with the Ministry of Science and Technology on July 14.
Secretary of the municipal Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue speaks at the meeting. Photo: Thanh Hai
Hue said that the meeting aims to enhance cooperation between the city and the ministry in directing and managing science and technology activities and innovation for the benefit of the city's development and contribute to that of the whole country.
Becoming one of Vietnam’s largest science and technology centers is an obvious goal to match Hanoi's role as the national political administration and one of the country's five major socio-economic hubs, the municipal Party chief noted.
He expressed his hope that the Ministry of Science and Technology and related ministerial agencies will support Hanoi’s efforts to become the country's innovation center and Southeast Asia’s hub in a number of fields.
For his part, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Ngo Van Quy reported that in recent years, sci-tech activities have made important contributions to the capital city’s socio-economic development.
Hanoi has affirmed its role as a national leading hub for science, technology and innovation, evidenced by its investment potential and results in sci-tech activities, Quy said.
He added that scientific research and technological development in Hanoi have become ever more innovative and effective. The mechanism for managing sci-tech tasks has been renewed and improved.
In the period of 2021 – 2025, Hanoi aims to develop science, technology and innovation as a major driving force for the city’s socio-economic development, Quy stressed.
- Thang Long Entrepreneur Gala 2020 honors 200 Hanoi enterprises
- “Made in Vietnam” goods week launched in Hanoi
- Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
- 120 businesses in Hanoi and provinces join Vietnamese Goods Fair 2020
- Hanoi residents must wear face masks in public places, crowded events: Official
- Hanoi, Foreign Ministry partner to enhance city's position and image
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Thang Long Entrepreneur Gala 2020 honors 200 Hanoi enterprises
Vietnam cancels 400 small hydropower projects
Hanoi targets speedy construction of Nam Son waste treatment plant
“Made in Vietnam” goods week launched in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam