Hanoi: Air quality on December 7 sees bad indexes
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 86 to 134.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours at ten automatic monitoring stations in Hanoi has been almost at the bad level, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
Data: AEP. Graphic: Anh Kiet
On December 7 afternoon, the AEP said that the air quality index (AQI) measured at ten monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 86 to 134.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, the AQI increased significantly, with the highest readings recorded at Hang Dau (134), Minh Khai (127), and Pham Van Dong (124) where traffic is usually heavy. Only two areas had AQI below 90 was Tan Mai (89) and Kim Lien (86) - the lowest reading.
In the previous days, Hanoi's air quality had positive changes. On December 6, air quality in all locations was at the average level. However, the readings recorded on December 7 tended to worsen, the AQI increased by 20-40 compared to the latest 24 hours.
Data: AEP. Table: Anh Kiet
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion.
The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
In suburban areas, people need to reduce burning waste and agricultural by-products.
- Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
- Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
- Negative coronavirus rapid test results still imply transmission risk: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi to call for EU investment in pharmaceutical and hi-tech industries: Mayor
- 800 Hanoian returnees from Danang to undergo concentrated quarantine
- 6 Covid-19 patients linked to Danang-Hanoi flight on July 24
- Hanoi raises Covid-19 alert until August 12
- Hanoi confirms one more coronavirus case, conducts aggressive contact tracing
- Hanoi boosts development of craft villages
- Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
Vietnam former Party chief passes away
Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
Vietnam committed to building united and resilient ASEAN Community: FM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors