Hanoi: Bad air quality remains unchanged in some locations
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 111 to 161.
Air quality in the latest 24 hours in Hanoi has been back to the unhealthy level after improving some days ago, according to the Hanoi Agency of Environmental Protection (AEP).
On November 16 afternoon, the AEP said that Hanoi’s air quality index (AQI) measured at 10 monitoring stations in the city was in the range of from 111 to 161.
Compared to air quality a day earlier, Hanoi’s AQI did not improve, with the highest readings recorded at Minh Khai (161), Pham Van Dong (157), and Hang Dau (156).
Other areas had AQI below 150 such as Thanh Cong, Trung Yen 3, Hoan Kiem, My Dinh. The area with the lowest reading was Tan Mai (111).
The AEP repeated the recommendations that Hanoi’s residents should follow air quality information where they are living and working before going out to prevent diseases.
Besides, sensitive groups including children, the elderly and people with respiratory diseases should limit their time outdoors.
When travelling on roads, people need to strictly follow traffic laws to reduce traffic congestion. The Hanoi police should strengthen traffic regulation in some areas with high traffic density such as Pham Van Dong, Hang Dau, Minh Khai, among others.
- Hanoi disallows begging, tourist harassment in downtown pedestrian streets
- Hanoi to kick off tunnel construction at busy intersection
- Hanoi economy continues to improve despite Covid-19 pandemic
- Hanoi has new mayor
- Five Hanoi streets closed to traffic for Mid-Autumn Festival
- UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
- Hanoi to cooperate with Thai investors in major urban infrastructure projects
- Hanoi closes bars, karaoke parlors failing to ensure anti-pandemic measures
- Hanoi to step up fight against corruption and harassment in administrative agencies
- Hanoi wants to end straw burning this year
Vietnam economy likely second fastest-growing in Asia-Pacific: S&P Global Ratings
What’s behind the Mekong-US Partnership?
Denmark supports Vietnam in campaign against food loss and waste
Telehealth in Vietnam connects over 1,000 health centers
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread