Hanoi Book Fair 2019 kicks off with several amazing activities
The Hanoitimes - Speaking at the launching ceremony, Deputy Minister of Information and Communication of Vietnam Hoang Vinh Bao stressed that a reading culture is an inevitable way for social development as it enhances knowledge, experience, thinking and education of people.
People visit a pavilion at the book fair. Photo: Quang Thai
The fourth holding of the fair drew the participation of domestic publishing houses and book distributors with around 200 booths for making publicity of book businesses and showcasing publications ranging from culture, history, science, life skills, among others.
Besides, it also welcomed some 14 publishing houses and associations from Myanmar, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, and the Southeast Asia Publishing Association as well as representatives from embassies in Hanoi.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Deputy Minister of Information and Communication of Vietnam Hoang Vinh Bao stressed that a reading culture is an inevitable way for social development as it enhances knowledge, experience, thinking and education of people.
Hanoi Book Fair is a festival for book-lovers, where the culture of reading is honored and promoted, Bao said.
Besides the main pavilions, there is a space titled “Hanoi – 20 Years of City for Peace” displaying books and documents to present the history and culture of Thang Long – Hanoi as well as books from diplomatic missions, foreign publishing associations and businesses.
A painting exhibition is also underway within the framework of the fair showcasing international children's paintings under the theme "I love Hanoi – The City of Peace".
For the first time, the fair also features a culinary space for introducing and serving Hanoi’s traditional and street cuisines.
- Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
- Hanoi may host F1 in November, but without int’l spectators
- My Dinh stadium in Hanoi selected among best stadiums in SE Asia
- Golden Bridge brings Vietnam photographer Best Architecture Photo Contest 2020
- Diverse cultural activities in Hanoi held to celebrate national holidays
- Photo taken by British photographer in Hanoi wins Grand Prize in US contest
- Online fine art exhibition held to mark 45th anniversary of national reunification
- Vietnam’s online book fair expected to reach 10 million hits
- Paintings about life in quarantine area inspire Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese photographers shortlisted at Sony World Photography Awards 2020
What to do in Hanoi in 24 hours: Nightlife
Hanoi donates face masks to New York to support Covid-19 fight
Specific criteria needed for Vietnam to attract FDI into priority areas
Hanoi’s residents alarmed at indoor air pollution
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi