Hanoi Book Fair 2019 kicks off with several amazing activities
The Hanoitimes - Speaking at the launching ceremony, Deputy Minister of Information and Communication of Vietnam Hoang Vinh Bao stressed that a reading culture is an inevitable way for social development as it enhances knowledge, experience, thinking and education of people.
People visit a pavilion at the book fair. Photo: Quang Thai
The fourth holding of the fair drew the participation of domestic publishing houses and book distributors with around 200 booths for making publicity of book businesses and showcasing publications ranging from culture, history, science, life skills, among others.
Besides, it also welcomed some 14 publishing houses and associations from Myanmar, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Japan, and the Southeast Asia Publishing Association as well as representatives from embassies in Hanoi.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Deputy Minister of Information and Communication of Vietnam Hoang Vinh Bao stressed that a reading culture is an inevitable way for social development as it enhances knowledge, experience, thinking and education of people.
Hanoi Book Fair is a festival for book-lovers, where the culture of reading is honored and promoted, Bao said.
Besides the main pavilions, there is a space titled “Hanoi – 20 Years of City for Peace” displaying books and documents to present the history and culture of Thang Long – Hanoi as well as books from diplomatic missions, foreign publishing associations and businesses.
A painting exhibition is also underway within the framework of the fair showcasing international children's paintings under the theme "I love Hanoi – The City of Peace".
For the first time, the fair also features a culinary space for introducing and serving Hanoi’s traditional and street cuisines.
- Vietnam to be guest of honor at 2020 Havana International Book Fair
- Vietnam bags record high of gold medals at SEA Games competition
- Vietnam football dream comes true with “Vietnamese spirit”: Coach
- Vietnamese flood streets to celebrate historic football victory
- S.Korea plans to build Vietnam-style village at coach Park Hang-seo's hometown
- Hanoi hosts series activities to celebrate Moscow Days in Hanoi
- Iconic Ao Dai in different periods displayed at museum in Hanoi
- Netflix wants to produce its program in Vietnam, for Vietnamese people
- Hang Trong folk paintings displayed through 3D mapping technology
- On exhibition 19th century Hanoi Citadel documents
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
Vietnam prioritizes oil and gas cooperation with Russia: PM
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor