Hanoi offers televised lectures for 9th and 12th-grade students
The Hanoitimes - The move was taken after Hanoi confirmed the first case of Covid-19 on March 6 and the city’s authorities continued to postpone the reopening of schools.
The Hanoi Department of Education and Training has begun to broadcast lessons and lectures via television for pupils of grades 9 and 12 from March 9, Phapluat.net quoted the department’s Director Chu Xuan Dung as saying.
|Hanoi broadcasts lectures on television. Photo: Hanoimoi|
The move was taken after Hanoi confirmed the first case of Covid-19 on March 6 and the city’s authorities postponed the reopening of schools.
Dung said the Hanoi Department of Education and Training has been working with the city's broadcaster Hanoi Television to build online learning plans for students.
The lectures consist of lessons in the 9th and 12th grade programs for the 2019-2020 school year and are taught by qualified teachers. They will help students review their knowledge and skills before the graduation exams.
Earlier, at a meeting on March 7, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung decided to postpone the class resumption date for students in Hanoi. Accordingly, senior high school students will not return to school on March 9 as decided earlier.
Meanwhile, preschool children and students at all levels will continue to stay at home for another week from March 9 to 15. All vocational schools which resumed classes on March 2 will be temporarily shut from March 9 to 15.
- Vietnam PM okays national high school exams amid Covid-19 resurgence
- Vietnam bags four gold medals at 2020 International Chemistry Olympiad
- Vietnam to proceed with national exam despite return of Covid-19
- Hanoi plans to halve number of colleges and vocational schools
- Vietnam may operate repatriation flights for Vietnamese students in US
- Vietnam’s new school year to begin on September 5 as usual
- Fulbright University Vietnam receives USAID grant worth US$4.65 million
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Hanoi: Int'l schools prioritize students' well-being in Covid-19 fight
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia's top 500
August 9: Vietnam confirms 31 new coronavirus cases, 1 death
Ministry of Health supports Hanoi in rRT-PCR testing
Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors