Hanoi offers televised lectures for 9th and 12th-grade students
The Hanoitimes - The move was taken after Hanoi confirmed the first case of Covid-19 on March 6 and the city’s authorities continued to postpone the reopening of schools.
The Hanoi Department of Education and Training has begun to broadcast lessons and lectures via television for pupils of grades 9 and 12 from March 9, Phapluat.net quoted the department’s Director Chu Xuan Dung as saying.
|Hanoi broadcasts lectures on television. Photo: Hanoimoi|
The move was taken after Hanoi confirmed the first case of Covid-19 on March 6 and the city’s authorities postponed the reopening of schools.
Dung said the Hanoi Department of Education and Training has been working with the city's broadcaster Hanoi Television to build online learning plans for students.
The lectures consist of lessons in the 9th and 12th grade programs for the 2019-2020 school year and are taught by qualified teachers. They will help students review their knowledge and skills before the graduation exams.
Earlier, at a meeting on March 7, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Nguyen Duc Chung decided to postpone the class resumption date for students in Hanoi. Accordingly, senior high school students will not return to school on March 9 as decided earlier.
Meanwhile, preschool children and students at all levels will continue to stay at home for another week from March 9 to 15. All vocational schools which resumed classes on March 2 will be temporarily shut from March 9 to 15.
- First Vietnamese professor wins European Mathematical prize
- No need for students to wear anti-drop masks: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi mayor requires strict compliance of Covid-19 prevention protocol at school
- Vietnamese student wins Global Citizenship Student Award 2020
- Vietnam to hold national exam as Covid-19 is contained
- Hanoi removes fourth subject from high school exam due to Covid-19
- Vietnam students may return to schools by June 15
- Challenges of online classes during Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam education ministry trims curricula as schools stay shut
- Hanoi extends school break till April 5 on Covid-19
Vietnam gov’t waives taxes to boost economic recovery
More than 340 Vietnamese citizens brought home from Taiwan
May 30: Newest Covid-19 patient in Vietnam is 1-year-old child
Singapore PM congratulates Vietnam on handling of Covid-19
Predictable legal environment to help Vietnam attract FDI post Covid-19: NTT Data Vietnam CEO
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi