Hanoi identifies 10 key missions to cope with Covid-19 pandemic
The Hanoitimes - The Hanoi Steering Committee for Prevention and Control of Covid-19 has required local departments to perform important tasks.
The Hanoi ciy government has assessed that the city will face an intense period until April 3 as there will be more passengers arriving in the city from abroad and people in disease incubation period, thus it has called on subordinate agencies to proactively carry out 10 key missions in response to the pandemic, Kinhtedothi.vn reported.
So far, the sources of transmission of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam have been clearly identified; however, in some cases, the identification has encountered difficulties due to the patients’ dishonest statements. Therefore, the number of infections related to insincere statement would rise.
|Hanoi's government calls on subordinate agencies to proactively carry out 10 key missions. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Hanoi is at high risk of disease spread in the time ahead. The municipal Steering Committee for Prevention and Control of Covid-19 has required local departments to perform the following important tasks:
1. Citizens, international students, workers returning from Europe and Asia to Vietnam between March 3 and 17 must implement self-isolation for 14 days and refrain from contacting with family members and the community.
2. All quarantined people are entitled to two free tests: the first upon arriving at Noi Bai airport, and the second for cases that need to test again after having been isolated for 14 days.
3. Strictly supervising and managing those people identified as having had contact with Covid-19 infected people. They are encouraged to take self-isolation. People undergoing quarantine at mass isolation centers, health facilities or at home have to comply with quarantine regulations.
People breaching quarantine regulations will be handled legally. Hanoi has activated the app of Hanoi SmartCity to track the Covid-19 epidemic situation and supervise cases in isolation.
4. People are encouraged not to go out, minimize the use of public transport and avoid public gatherings.
5. Bars, karaoke, online games, cinemas, massages parlors, music programs in the city will be closed. Hanoi’s historical - cultural relics are also temporarily shut for disinfection.
6. Hanoi’s government has worked with all retailers in the city, and the business community is committed to increasing stock of goods by 300% to ensure supply and price stability.
The Hanoi Police Department and the Hanoi Market Surveillance Authority have been assigned to inspect and control the stockpiling of goods, medical equipment and foodstuffs to strictly handle wrongdoing.
7. Preparing resources and facilities for the worst scenario, providing protective clothing for epidemic prevention and control practitioncers.
8. The Hanoi Department of Education and Training reports to the Ministry of Education and Training about students’ framework curriculum to fit different Covid-19 scenarios.
9. Strictly following the Vietnamese government’s directions and the Ministry of Health’s guidance.
10. People returning from foreign countries must undergo quarantine at army-run facilities in the city and neighboring provinces.
- A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnamese consumers prefer using cashless payments
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors