Hanoi contemplates extending elevated Ring Road 2
The Hanoitimes - The route is expected to reduce traffic congestion on downtown heavily transited roads in Hanoi.
Hanoi is studying lengthening elevated Ring Road 2 from the Nga Tu So intersection to the Cau Giay intersection, Kinh te & Do thi quoted the Hanoi Transport Construction Investment Project Management Board as saying.
Section of elevated Ring Road 2 from Nga Tu So intersection to Nga Tu Vong intersection has been put into operation. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Accordingly, the extension will be of the continuation of the elevated section from the Nga Tu So to Nga Tu Vong intersections.
It has also been included in the list of infrastructure projects by the Hanoi Department of Transport to be carried out in the 2021 - 2025 period.
Currently, the project has been researched and completed by the consultants to report to the municipal Department of Transport. The route is expected to reduce traffic congestion on downtown heavily transited roads in Hanoi.
Earlier, on November 9, the elevated Nga Tu So - Nga Tu Vong section, which is only for cars, was opened to traffic. However, the route has appeared to go against the expectation over the past few days.
The flow of cars from the elevated section that ends just right before Nga Tu So stop lights creates congestion on Truong Chinh street in rush hours.
According to transport experts, traffic congestion at Nga Tu So can be reduced if elevated Ring Road 2 is lengthened by about four more kilometers until Cau Giay district.
When completed as planned, the traffic infrastructure system is expected to significantly solve the traffic congestion in the capital city.
Ring Road 2 is a closed inner city traffic circle in Hanoi. The route has a total length of more than 43km, running through the districts of Long Bien, Hai Ba Trung, Thanh Xuan, Dong Da, Ba Dinh, Cau Giay, Tay Ho and Dong Anh.
- Hanoi still struggles with household waste: Experts
- Hanoi speeds up upgrade of Huynh Thuc Khang street
- Hanoi contemplates extending elevated Ring Road 2
- Hanoi urgently solves garbage treatment issues to complete waste-to-energy plant
- Vietnam Green Building Week 2020 to lure a thousand attendants
- Management of Vietnam health insurance fund should be effective: Official
- Business incubator launched exclusively for ethnic minority youth in Vietnam
- Typhoon Vamco brings chaos to central Vietnam
- Vietnam to conduct anti-coronavirus drill for upcoming National Party Congress
- Vietnam stays alert of upcoming typhoon
Hanoi targets to have 10 logistics centers
Hoan Kiem lake - the heart of Hanoi
Hanoi pushes for cooperation with peers to boost domestic consumption
Snapshots of beautiful West lake in Hanoi
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam