Hanoi creates 180,500 jobs despite Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi has taken a number of measures to tighten the linkage between vocational education and businesses to develop the labor market.
More than 180,500 people got jobs in Hanoi in 2020 despite the negative impacts of Covid-19 pandemic on almost aspects of life, according to a city leader.
Practical lessons for students of Hanoi Public Transport Vocational College. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn
Vice Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Chu Xuan Dung said the figure reached 116% of the plan, in which 2,570 workers were sent to work abroad, some 7,400 workers in rural areas found jobs via vocational training and 13,930 employees were recruited through the job transaction services.
Mr. Dung said that Hanoi has taken a number of measures to tighten the linkage between vocational education with businesses so as to develop the labor market.
"Hanoi has intensified communication so that businesses can see the benefits of linking with job training centers. The city has also mobilized political and social organizations in ensuring the quality of job training as well as job creation," Mr. Dung said.
Hanoi also applied new technologies to build a system connecting supply and demand for training model with the participation of schools, enterprises and students.
Besides, the city also used the Anti-Unemployment Fund to train employees working in enterprises. This is considered as a preventive solution to combat unemployment and ensure social security.
The city also provided more information on the labor market, supports job seekers to post job resumes, and helps enterprises to post recruitment announcement through website: vieclamhanoi.net.
- Hanoi sets five orientations to ensure success of 13th National Party Congress tenure 2021-25
- Hanoi gives gifts to needy workers
- “Vietnamese Communist Party through its Congresses” Exhibition underway
- National Party Congress opens in Hanoi today
- Stamp collection issued to celebrate 13th National Party Congress
- Press Center for National Party Congress opens in Hanoi
- Hanoi police ready to protect National Party Congress
- Hanoi plans to open pedestrian street around Thien Quang Lake
- Hanoi launches environmental sanitation campaign for Party Congress
- Hanoi tightens Covid-19 preventive measures to protect safety for National Party Congress
13th National Party Congress – a crucial milestone for Vietnam development
Vietnam steel export in 2021 set to grow further
RCEP reminds the world of Vietnam’s bright future
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility
Vietnam, Australia to strengthen ties to strategic partnership by 2023
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue