Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
The Hanoitimes - Since 2009, the Hanoi government has supported more than 100 rural industrial establishments to invest in renewing machinery and technology.
The Hanoi government has adopted measures to encourage craft villages to apply new technologies, the Government Portal reported.
Notably, the city has supported craft villages to apply advanced and modern machinery.
According to a representative from the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, most rural industrial establishments in the city are now small-scaled and apply backward technologies.
Due to the small scale, most of them are short of financial resources to invest in machinery, innovate technologies and products, leading to their poor competitiveness and becoming labor intensive.
Since 2009, the city has supported more than 100 rural industrial establishments to invest in renewing machinery and technology, which have successfully improved product quality and output, reduce environmental pollution and better met customers’ demand.
Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung said that craft village production is expected to account for about 8.5% of the total value of industrial and handicraft production by 2020.
Besides, the city will treat environmental pollution in 50 seriously polluted craft villages, upgrade infrastructure for another 50, create stable jobs from 800 thousand to one million rural workers with an average income of some VND40 million (US$1,720)/person/year, Chung added.
In order to achieve the targets, the municipal government will implement a spate of policies to facilitate handicraft villages and enterprises, so that they can effectively contribute to the capital city’s economic development and social security.
- Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
- Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
- Negative coronavirus rapid test results still imply transmission risk: Hanoi mayor
- Hanoi to call for EU investment in pharmaceutical and hi-tech industries: Mayor
- 800 Hanoian returnees from Danang to undergo concentrated quarantine
- 6 Covid-19 patients linked to Danang-Hanoi flight on July 24
- Hanoi raises Covid-19 alert until August 12
- Hanoi confirms one more coronavirus case, conducts aggressive contact tracing
- Hanoi boosts development of craft villages
- Hanoi checks all people with severe illnesses
Hanoi runs RT-PCR test on nearly 100,000 returnees from Danang
Vietnam former Party chief passes away
Hanoi to host cultural events to mark 1010th anniversary of its foundation
Vietnam committed to building united and resilient ASEAN Community: FM
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors