Hanoi-HCM City ranks second among the world's busiest domestic air routes
The Hanoitimes - Asia is home to the top 10 busiest domestic air routes in November 2020.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City air route has been ranked second among the world’s top 10 busiest routes in this November, according to OAG Aviation Worldwide, the aviation research market firm.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City is among the world’s top 10 busiest routes in this November. Photo: Vietnam Airlines
The air route between Vietnam’s two largest cities had over 892,800 seats in November 2020, just behind the largest, Jeju International - Seoul Gimpo (South Korea).
This month, all of the world’s top 10 busiest domestic routes are in Asia, including four in China, four in Japan and the remaining two in South Korea and Vietnam.
The coronavirus pandemic has hit hard the aviation industry in Vietnam and the world in general. International flights have suffered most due to border closures and mandatory quarantine requirements.
However, domestic air services in Vietnam have recovered as Vietnamese are generally able to move more freely within national borders.
According to the Airports Council International, the annual World Airport Traffic Report 2018 listed Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in the top 10 fastest growing airports between 2007 and 2017.
Vietnam is forecast to be the fastest growing country in terms of air passengers in the 2017-2040 period.
- Second stimulus package needs to focus on most affected sectors
- Vietnam companies among world’s most optimistic amidst Covid-19: HSBC
- Vietnam seeks Netherlands assistance in agricultural transformation plan
- Vietnam’s tourism suffers heavily from Covid-19
- Vietnam trade surplus hits all-time high of US$20.1 billion in 11 months
- Vietnam tourism businesses join hands for salvaging industry
- Vietnam amends intellectual law following big trade pacts
- Vietnam customs steps up fight against origin frauds in trade
- Vietnam business community helps ensure success in Covid-19 fight
- Hanoi-HCM City ranks second among the world's busiest domestic air routes
Second stimulus package needs to focus on most affected sectors
Hanoi to ban motorcycles by 2030
Hanoi to host golf festival 2020
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18