Hanoi-HCM City ranks second among the world's busiest domestic air routes
Asia is home to the top 10 busiest domestic air routes in November 2020.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City air route has been ranked second among the world’s top 10 busiest routes in this November, according to OAG Aviation Worldwide, the aviation research market firm.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh City is among the world’s top 10 busiest routes in this November. Photo: Vietnam Airlines
The air route between Vietnam’s two largest cities had over 892,800 seats in November 2020, just behind the largest, Jeju International - Seoul Gimpo (South Korea).
This month, all of the world’s top 10 busiest domestic routes are in Asia, including four in China, four in Japan and the remaining two in South Korea and Vietnam.
The coronavirus pandemic has hit hard the aviation industry in Vietnam and the world in general. International flights have suffered most due to border closures and mandatory quarantine requirements.
However, domestic air services in Vietnam have recovered as Vietnamese are generally able to move more freely within national borders.
According to the Airports Council International, the annual World Airport Traffic Report 2018 listed Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in the top 10 fastest growing airports between 2007 and 2017.
Vietnam is forecast to be the fastest growing country in terms of air passengers in the 2017-2040 period.
- Cashless Day changes locals’ lives for the better
- Global economic integration lays foundation for Vietnam to promote circular economy
- Businesses face difficulties in vaccine imports
- HoSE to test trading system provided by Korea Exchange next week
- International organizations hold optimistic view on Vietnam economic outlook
- E-commerce boosts Vietnam's express delivery industry
- Vietnam's online food shopping in surge
- Circular economy helps Vietnam tackle climate change: Minister
- Negotiations on CPTPP membership application of UK begins
- HoSE’s backup transaction system set to operate in July
Cashless Day changes locals’ lives for the better
EU expects to build university in Hanoi
People with disabilities in Vietnam get digital support
Hanoi’s specialty: Westlake Lotus Tea
15th ADMM commits to peace and stability in South China Sea
First English-Vietnamese bilingual books introduced in the US
Hanoians visit market early for Doan Ngo Festival’s food
Hanoi seeks ideas for cultural industry development
National cultural heritage photography contest debuts