Hanoi hosts 2,500 cultural and art events annually
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi also focuses on promoting some cultural exchange and cooperation programs as around 400 cultural, art and tourism events of provinces, cities and international organizations have been held in Hanoi as of 2017.
Agencies under the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports organize 2,500 cultural and art events yearly on average in Hanoi, drawing the attention and participation of massive locals and visitors to the city, according to the Government Portal.
Besides, Hanoi has set up some prominent cultural and tourism products showing the city’s traits and development including the pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem Lake and the surroundings, Phung Hung mural street, the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival, the Vietnam Airlines Classic-Hanoi Concert, Hanoi International Film Festival, among others.
Hanoi also focuses on promoting some cultural exchange and cooperation programs as around 400 cultural, art and tourism events of provinces, cities and international organizations have been held in Hanoi as of 2017.
To improve the quality of cultural products as well as promote the city’s images of tourism and culture, the Hanoi Department of Culture and Sports has launched a series of plans to preserve the heritages and promote the quality of services at some touristic sites.
As a result, the number of visitors to some popular destinations in Hanoi between 2016 and 2019 has increased rapidly by 6 million and 1.4 million at the Temple of Literature and Hoa Lo Prison, respectively while that of Ngoc Son Temple was nearly 4 million.
However, the Hanoi leadership reckons that the city still needs to create more special cultural products basing on natural and cultural values, the intangible and tangible heritage as well as ones recognized by UNESCO.
- Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
- Hanoi adopts plan to ensure traffic safety during upcoming Tet holiday
- Severe air pollution persists in Hanoi
- Hanoi encourages craft villages to apply new technologies
- Hanoi to build ten more bypasses for pedestrians
- Hanoi’s air quality on December 12 morning remains unhealthy
- Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor
- 80% of online public services in Hanoi available at advanced stages
- Japan’s JEBO apologizes for misunderstanding Hanoi mayor’s statement
- Sumitomo wants to speed up smart city project in Hanoi
Hanoi takes concrete actions to tap its soft power potential: Mayor
Actions advised for Vietnam to lure investors amid energy crunch
Vietnam is serious about building attractive business environment: EuroCham
China risks flare-up over Vietnamese gas resources: CSIS
Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force calls for stronger ties with Vietnam
First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
Hanoi aims to excel in socio-economic performance in 2016 – 2020: Mayor