Hanoi implements effective solutions against Covid-19 pandemic
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi's government has been urgently identifying infection sources and tracking those making close contact with Covid-19 patients for prompt isolation.
Hanoi’s government has recently rolled out a series of urgent and effective solutions to fight the Covid-19 pandemic, Kinhtedothi.vn quoted Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung as saying at an online meeting on March 29.
|Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung (standing) speaks at the online meeting. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
The city’s authorities have strictly complied with instructions from the Vietnamese government, the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Health since end-January. Currently, Hanoi has built scenarios for the pandemic evolution in the city with 1,000 -1,500 Covid-19 patients, Chung said.
Since detecting Hanoi's first coronavirus positive case, the city’s government has been urgently identifying infection sources and tracking those making close contact with Covid-19 patients to promptly isolate them.
Besides, Hanoi has informed six provinces and cities to timely detect coronavirus-infected passengers on flight VN0054 which flew in on March 2 to put them under quarantine.
The municipal Department of Industry and Trade has ensured supply of essential food and other necessities, increased stockpile of basic necessities by over 300-500% and successfully prevented price escalation.
Hanoi’s authorities also requested the Ministry of Health to provide the city with about 15,000-20,000 quick tests for large-scale testing and sample taking, equip more breathing machines as the current number of ventilators in the city is not enough for the scenario of treating 1,000 patients.
Hanoi reported 71 infection cases as of March 29, with the first detected on March 6.
- Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
- Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
- Hanoi downtown district persists in classifying waste at source
- Hanoi records positive changes in urban planning and management
- Hanoi to allow advertising rights in exchange for 600 bus stop shelters
- Hanoi makes proposals to solve difficulties in land management and environmental protection
- Information technology will open a new era for Hanoi’s buses
- Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
- Hanoi to build two more underground parking lots in Ba Dinh Political Center
- Hanoi opens wide doors for South Korean investors: City Party chief
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Administrative reform remains core in Vietnam gov’t drive for 5%-GDP growth
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots