Hanoi has plans to treat 1,000 Covid-19 patients
The Hanoitimes - The Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases second branch can provide treatment for one thousand Covid-19 patients.
Hanoi's government has plans to ensure treatment for up to one thousand Covid-19 patients, Zing.vn quoted Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung as saying after talks with the director of the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
When the hospital is overloaded, patients will be refered to a makeshift hospital under construction in Me Linh district.
|Hanoi can accommodate 20,000 citizens returning home in the next two weeks. Photo: Duy Hieu|
Besides, the city has prepared plans to mobilize all 41 hospitals in the city, including private and international hospitals, for the treatment of patients, Chung said.
He assessed that the city will face an intense period until the beginning of April as there will be more passengers arriving in the city from abroad and a number of patients in the community are yet to be detected. Thus, Hanoi needs all resources to detect Covid-19 infections and control the concentrated isolation centers to prevent Covid-19 from spreading.
The Hanoi mayor emphasized that if Hanoi can apply strict quarantine, early detection and test, as well as appropriate treatment, the city will win the battle against the pandemic.
Currently, there are 14 mass isolation centers in Hanoi city with a total of 12,629 beds, according to a report of the municipal Department of Health. The local government has been asked to prepare quarantine space for 20,000 people.
As of March 25, Hanoi has 50 active coronavirus-infected cases, the largest number in Vietnam. Many of the currently active cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from Europe and the US as well as foreigners from epidemic-hit regions.
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
- Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
- Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair to boost sales of Vietnamese products in AEON network
- Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
- "For the Capital’s Traffic Safety 2020" contest launched in Hanoi
- 90 Hanoi handicrafts win product design contest 2020
- Vietnam’s top leader calls for support for flood victims in central region
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line arrives in Vietnam
VEPR revises down Vietnam's 2020 GDP growth forecast to 2.8%
Hanoi takes numerous measures to tackle air pollution
Hanoi to expand public transport network in period 2021-2030
Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam