Hanoi has plans to treat 1,000 Covid-19 patients
The Hanoitimes - The Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases second branch can provide treatment for one thousand Covid-19 patients.
Hanoi's government has plans to ensure treatment for up to one thousand Covid-19 patients, Zing.vn quoted Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung as saying after talks with the director of the Central Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
When the hospital is overloaded, patients will be refered to a makeshift hospital under construction in Me Linh district.
|Hanoi can accommodate 20,000 citizens returning home in the next two weeks. Photo: Duy Hieu|
Besides, the city has prepared plans to mobilize all 41 hospitals in the city, including private and international hospitals, for the treatment of patients, Chung said.
He assessed that the city will face an intense period until the beginning of April as there will be more passengers arriving in the city from abroad and a number of patients in the community are yet to be detected. Thus, Hanoi needs all resources to detect Covid-19 infections and control the concentrated isolation centers to prevent Covid-19 from spreading.
The Hanoi mayor emphasized that if Hanoi can apply strict quarantine, early detection and test, as well as appropriate treatment, the city will win the battle against the pandemic.
Currently, there are 14 mass isolation centers in Hanoi city with a total of 12,629 beds, according to a report of the municipal Department of Health. The local government has been asked to prepare quarantine space for 20,000 people.
As of March 25, Hanoi has 50 active coronavirus-infected cases, the largest number in Vietnam. Many of the currently active cases are Vietnamese nationals returning from Europe and the US as well as foreigners from epidemic-hit regions.
- Hanoi allocates US$28 million in trust fund for vulnerable people, businesses
- Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
- Hanoians help the poors overcome Covid-19 pandemic
- Kinh te & Do thi newspaper calls for support for health workers in Covid-19 fight
- How Hanoi penalizes offenders of Covid-19 pandemic prevention rules?
- Hanoi has legal basis to fine people going out unnecessarily: Mayor
- Hanoi to revise economic growth target as coronavirus fight intensifies
- Hanoi sets up five more quick Covid-19 testing booths
- Hanoi's vital transport projects suspended to curb Covid-19 spread
- Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
Vietnam rejects Beijing’s South China Sea claims at United Nations
Vietnam donates half million face masks to five European countries crippled by Covid-19
Hanoi mulls extending social distancing period: Mayor
April 7: Half of coronavirus cases in Vietnam recover
98% enterprises in Vietnam to benefit from fiscal stimulus package
A bird's eye view of Hanoi streets in social distancing period
Vietnam transport ministry proposes support for coronavirus-hit airlines
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing