Mar 25, 2018 / 20:17
Hanoi named among top destinations globally for 2018
Hanoi has been ranked 12rd in the world in the top destination for 2018, Travellers` Choice awards for Destinations by TripAdvisor.
Hanoi Old Quarter.
Hanoi may have shrugged off several former names, including Thang Long, or “ascending dragon,” but it hasn't forgotten its past, as sites such as Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum and Hoa Lo Prison attest. Lakes, parks, shady boulevards and more than 600 temples and pagodas add to the appeal of this city, which is easily explored by taxi, according to TripAdvisors.
Hanoi the capital of Vietnam was ranked 8th in TripAdvisors’ top 25 travellers choice of destinations list in 2014 for the first time. In 2015, Hanoi was ranked 5th on the list and in 2016, the capital of Vietnam also ranked 8th on the list.
Paris in France topped the list of Travellers’ Choice awards for Destinations followed by London (UK), Rome (Italy), Bali (Indonesia), Crete (Greece). Award winners were determined using an algorithm based on the quantity and quality of reviews and ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions in destinations worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period, as well as traveller booking interest on TripAdvisor.
More than 1 million international tourist arrived to Hanoi in the first two months of 2018, increasing by 31% compared to 2017. Meanwhile, Hanoi welcomed more than 4.5 million visitors in the first two months of 2018, up 11% from last year. Domestic tourist arrivals to Hanoi were estimated at more than 3 million, increasing 5.5% from last year. The capital of Vietnam earned over VND13.2 trillion (US$583 million), increasing 12% from last year, according to the Hanoi Department of Tourism.
- Vietnam to gradually reopen tourism
- “Going Home”: journey return wildlife to nature in Vietnam
- Vietnam responds to World Tourism Day 2021 for inclusive growth
- Hoi An ranked among top 15 most wonderful cities in Asia
- Vietnam plans to welcome back visitors from September 15
- Beach tourism and nature exploration favored after pandemic
- Integrate “Medical Declaration” on “Safe Travel in Vietnam” application
- Hong Kong wants to pilot travel bubble in Vietnam
- New flights – the go-ahead for travel between Vietnam and Japan
- Khanh Hoa proposes pilot reopening to vaccinated foreign travelers
Vietnam Gov’t to further promote public-private partnership in all fields: PM
Vietnam to gradually reopen tourism
Book of performing arts and traditional folk introduced
Today’s Covid News: Germany donates 2.6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam
Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine
Hanoi seeks further support from Russia in vaccine supplies
Aerial view of traditional soya sauce wins International Photo Award
The winning artworks of “Ha Noi is…” Illustration Contest announced
Vietnam’s wood industry strives to extend its reach globally