Hanoi proposes vaccine purchase for locals
Since early February, Hanoi’s top leaders have planned to buy vaccines for the locals.
Authorities in Hanoi have proposed the Vietnamese government’s authorization for purchasing Covid vaccines for its residents.
|Deputy Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Xuan Dung at a government meeting on February 24. Photo: Kinhtedothi|
The government should grant mechanism to enable cities and provinces nationwide to buy vaccines for the inoculation in their localities, Deputy Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee Chu Xuan Dung said at a government meeting on February 24 chaired by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
Two days ago, the municipal Department of Health has sent a request to the Ministry of Health for the purchase of 15 million doses of vaccines with an aim to administer to the city’s residents at the age of 18 and above.
With the proposal, Hanoi expects to provide vaccination to 95% of its population.
According to Deputy Director of the Hanoi’s Department of Health Hoang Duc Hanh, the Covid-19 pandemic in Hanoi is temporarily under control but risk of transmission remains high as roughly 85% of confirmed cases were asymptomatic carriers.
"It means that only testing help detect infections which requires efforts," Hanh said.
A plan to buy vaccines came in early this month when Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue asked local authorities to build a roadmap for it. Finance for the purchase will come from the city’s budget and other financial sources.
Since the resurgence of SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam late January, Hanoi has reported 34 cases. Local experts attributed Hanoi’s virus containment to massive testing and contact tracing. The city has set up 10,000 Covid-19 prevention and control groups to sort out people from affected areas and keep surveillance on them. So far, it tested more than 51,000 people coming from Hai Duong, the epicenter of the fresh wave.
- Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
- Hanoi strives to create 10,000 jobs for rural workers
- NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
- Hanoi polytechnic lecturer receives Italian Order of the Star
- Hanoi named in Vietnam’s top 10 business-friendly localities
- E-government key to improve Hanoi public satisfaction on governance: Expert
- Some 350,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to be administered for Hanoi residents
- Vietnam Stock Exchange set to have registered capital of US$130 million
- Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
- First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking