Hanoi records three new Covid-19 suspected cases
The Hanoitimes - The three new cases of nCoV infection were among the 65 people being isolated at the city’s Public Security Hospital.
Hanoi has detected three new cases suspected of contracting the new coronavirus (Covid-19) who have returned from China and acquired respiratory illness on February 20, Vietnamnet reported.
Director of the Hanoi Department of Health Nguyen Khac Hien said that the three new cases of nCoV infection were among the 65 people being isolated at the city’s Public Security Hospital. The three are from Hanoi, Hai Phong and Nghe An province.
These people showed symptoms of respiratory illness on February 20 and were referred to Dong Da Hospital to be sampled for nCoV testing, isolation and treatment.
Up to now, Hanoi has not recorded any individual positive with Covid-19. Currently, the municipal government is isolating 388 people at home for medical surveillance.
Vietnam officially declared the novel coronavirus outbreak an epidemic on February 1. So far 16 infections have been recorded, 15 of whom have been discharged from hospital.
According to the Ministry of Health, as of February 21, the global death toll of the epidemic has reached 2,247. Hong Kong, Iran and Diamond Princess ship each has reported two deaths while Japan, Taiwan, France, South Korea and the Philippines each has recorded one death; the rest of fatalities have been recorded in mainland China.
- Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
- Hanoi expands rapid coronavirus test citywide
- Hanoi searches coronavirus at city entrances
- Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
- Hanoi determined to stamp out Covid-19 at Bach Mai Hospital: Mayor
- Wiping out Covid-19 in Bach Mai Hospital is a priority: Party official
- Hanoi sets up 10 quick Covid-19 testing stations
- Hanoi industrial production growth slows to 4.44% in Q1
- Hanoi mayor proposes some public entities be closed to curb Covid-19
- Hanoi implements effective solutions against Covid-19 pandemic
No travel ban during national isolation period: Vietnam gov't speaker
Vietnam to stay among Asia’s fastest growing economies despite sharp slowdown: ADB
Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
Vietnam parliament set to ratify EVFTA in next sitting
Vietnam crude oil and natural gas production face downside risks on Covid-19
Hanoi ensures abundant supply of consumer goods in 15-day social distancing
Vietnam's factory activity drops to record low on Covid-19
Vietnam identifies three coronavirus hot spots, including largest hospital
Foreign companies express commitment to Vietnam efforts against Covid-19