Hanoi records three new Covid-19 suspected cases
The Hanoitimes - The three new cases of nCoV infection were among the 65 people being isolated at the city’s Public Security Hospital.
Hanoi has detected three new cases suspected of contracting the new coronavirus (Covid-19) who have returned from China and acquired respiratory illness on February 20, Vietnamnet reported.
Director of the Hanoi Department of Health Nguyen Khac Hien said that the three new cases of nCoV infection were among the 65 people being isolated at the city’s Public Security Hospital. The three are from Hanoi, Hai Phong and Nghe An province.
These people showed symptoms of respiratory illness on February 20 and were referred to Dong Da Hospital to be sampled for nCoV testing, isolation and treatment.
Up to now, Hanoi has not recorded any individual positive with Covid-19. Currently, the municipal government is isolating 388 people at home for medical surveillance.
Vietnam officially declared the novel coronavirus outbreak an epidemic on February 1. So far 16 infections have been recorded, 15 of whom have been discharged from hospital.
According to the Ministry of Health, as of February 21, the global death toll of the epidemic has reached 2,247. Hong Kong, Iran and Diamond Princess ship each has reported two deaths while Japan, Taiwan, France, South Korea and the Philippines each has recorded one death; the rest of fatalities have been recorded in mainland China.
- Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
- Hanoi must set an example in all aspects: Party chief
- Minister of Science and Technology named Deputy Party Chief of Hanoi
- Hanoi official urges speedier progress of key environmental projects
- Cost of two-week quarantine in Hanoi hotels averages US$728
- Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
- Japan company proposes turning Hanoi’s polluted river into sightseeing landscape
- Storm Noul would cause heavy rain in Hanoi’s downtown
- Hanoi to set up 5 task forces to accelerate disbursement of public funds
- Exports of Hanoi key industrial products hit US$1 billion in 2018 – 2020
Vietnam advances greatly in gender equality, but remains far from full equality: UN Women
Drastic measures needed to realize disbursement target of public funds
Vietnam PM requests thorough studies for night economy development
Colorful Hanoi’s street with mid-autumn toys and decorations
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread