Hanoi to reopen schools from May 4
The Hanoitimes - Students of secondary and high schools and vocational colleges in the city will return to classes from May 4.
Classes of secondary and high schools, vocational colleges and universities in Hanoi will resume from May 4 while primary schools and kindergartens will be reopened from May 11 as social distancing period orders have been loosened.
|Employees at a school are cleaning up for reopening on May 4. Photo: Nguoi Dua Tin newspaper|
The decision was made by the city’s mayor Nguyen Duc Chung at a meeting of the National Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control on April 29.
Language and informatics centers, overseas study consulting centers that meet the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Training will resume operations from May 4, according to the mayor.
Education facilities are required to take precautionary measures such as disinfecting classes and the school, measuring body temperature and ensuring the limitation of gatherings among students.
In Hanoi, more than two million students of the 2019-2020 academic year have stayed at home from early February to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. The students will finish the academic year by July 15, a month and a half later than usual.
Besides Hanoi, 60 other provinces and cities throughout the country have announced plans to reopen schools by the end of this month or next month.
The local authorities also will reduce the number of subjects of high school entrance exams from four to three because of the prolonged class disruption.
As of April 30, Vietnam has confirmed 270 Covid-19 cases including 221 cured and no deaths. Fourteen days have gone without any new cases reported.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has said the pandemic has been contained and business activities have been gradually resumed.
- Vietnam must control and forecast air quality by 2025: PM directive
- Vietnamese volunteers vaccinated with highest dose of Covid-19 are in good conditions
- Vietnam to import over 133 million doses of avian flu vaccine
- Vietnam to provide health insurance for all senior citizens in 2021
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam plans to scrap old vehicles over pollution concerns
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
Good preparations for qualified candidates: State President
Vietnam gov’t to facilitate digitalization among local firms
PM approves legal assistant program for SMEs in 2021-25
US intensifies efforts in addressing war legacies
Member states attend forum preparing for 2021 Shangri-La Dialogue
Int’l. media impressed with Vietnam economic successes amid pandemic
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home