May 24, 2018 / 09:35
Hanoi responds to World No Tobacco Day
The Hanoitimes - The Hanoi People’s Committee has recently granted Official Letter No. 2170/UBND-KGVX, strengthening the enforcement of Anti-Smoking Law and responding to the World No Tobacco Day (May 31) in the City.
Departments, sectors and press agencies are tasked to strengthen the popularization of regulations of Law on Prevention and Control of Tobacco Harms in working places, medical facilities, hotels, restaurants, bus stations and on public traffic vehicles.
The popularization should be focused on the responsibilities and rights of leaders of agencies, organization and localities as well as citizens’ rights and obligations in preventing tobacco harms; regulations on banning tobacco advertisements and promotion under any form; and tobacco harms for public health and significance of implementing smoke-free environment and models.
Moreover, departments, sectors, agencies and People’s Committee’s of districts, towns will take the contents of tobacco harm prevention and control into their yearly plans and regulations on banning smoking into working rules of agencies, units; promote the movement of building cultural - healthy villages in association with building residential communities without smokers and smoke-free residential areas.
More efforts must be made to enhance inspection and compliance of regulations on banning smoking in working places, restaurants and on traffic vehicles as stipulated by law; establish inter-sectorial inspection teams in the area; cooperate with sectors of health, culture to organize meetings, conferences and series of activities in response to the World No Tobacco Day (May 31), and No Smoke Week.
- Truong Sa calendar app is available on Appstore and Google Play
- Tourist sites in Vietnam will be plastic waste free
- Discrimination towards persons with disabilities remains significant in Vietnam: UNDP
- Julia Roberts, Michelle Obama to visit Vietnam for girl empowerment
- Denmark supports Vietnam to improve food safety
- UN Int’l Day of Solidarity with Palestinians marked in Hanoi
- Vietnam's population set to reach 104 million by 2030
- Vietnam parliament okays to raise retirement age
- Vietnam to raise wage for civil servants by 7.3% in 2020
- Nearly 90% of Hanoi population covered with health insurance
Vietnam tightens supervision on foreign investment to prevent origin frauds
Vietnam, US sign agreement on customs cooperation
Hanoi wants to learn Sweden’s development experiences
Vietnam, Germany endorse action plan for 2020-2021, rule-based order highlighted
Vietnam to launch national public services portal on December 9
Hanoi ensures water supply for its residents
Hanoi considers banning cyclos to reduce traffic congestion
Vietnam to champion ‘cohesive’ ASEAN in 2020 amid more assertive China
Every craft village in Hanoi to receive US$8,600 for environmental impact assessment