Hanoi: Series of activities open to mark 15th Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day
The Hanoitimes - A host of activities such as exhibitions, seminars, music, and fashion shows will be held around the Hanoi Old Quarter.
From November 20, a series of cultural activities entitled “Thang Long Memories” will be held at many locations in Hanoi's Old Quarter to celebrate the 15th anniversary of Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day (November 23).
Ao dai show at the Temple of Literature. Photo: Lai Tan (Kinh te & Do thi)
The Management Board of the Hanoi Old Quarter has worked with related agencies and individuals to launch exhibitions, seminars, music and fashion performances.
The workshop "Traditional Ao Dai and its conservation and development in the modern society" will take place on November 21 at the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center, opening the celebration program.
On the same day, the exhibition “Viet Thien Thi - Thousand Years of Culture” will open to introduce a poetry book created in the Ly - Tran dynasties (11th to 14th centuries) and a set of illustrations printed on Do (artesanally made) paper by writer Nguyen Duy together with folk artifacts - materials. The exhibition will last until December 15.
On November 21, a traditional music program “Viet Thien Am” will be held on the third floor of the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center. The music program is based on the Vietnamese Zen poems in combination with other traditional arts.
From November 20 to 29, at the Heritage House 87 Ma May, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, there will be a program to introduce the tea culture titled "Ancient San Tuyet Tay Con Linh, Ha Giang - Integration and Development.” A performance of the Hanoi Ca Tru Club is scheduled to be staged at 8pm on November 20 at Kim Ngan Temple in 42, 44 Hang Bac, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
Besides, a fashion show called "Street Story" will be held at 7.30pm on November 22 at the lobby of the Hanoi Old Quarter Culture Exchange Center.
- Thang Long Imperial Citadel - the lost treasure
- Hanoi celebrates 10th anniversary of UNESCO's recognition of Imperial Citadel
- Exhibition to display culture heritage of France and Thang Long - Hanoi
- Thang Long-Hanoi Imperial Citadel to confirm world heritage’s position
- Hanoi’s Gia Lam district invests heavily in relic conservation
- Hanoi: Series of activities open to mark 15th Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day
- “ASEAN with Hanoi’s Autumn” expo features city's beauty
- Exhibition on Hang Trong folk paintings underway in Hanoi
- Hanoi Old Quarter master plan to address challenges in preservation
- Hanoi to host Great National Unity – Vietnam’s Cultural Heritage week in November
Second stimulus package needs to focus on most affected sectors
Hanoi to ban motorcycles by 2030
Hanoi to host golf festival 2020
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18