Hanoi sets five orientations to ensure success of 13th National Party Congress tenure 2021-25
The Hanoitimes - By 2025, Hanoi targets to complete the industrialization process and reach a GRDP per capital of US$8,300-8,500.
To further contribute to the realization of targets set in the 13th National Party congress for the 2021-25 tenure, Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen talked about the five orientations and three breakthroughs that could pave the way for Hanoi to become a global city by 2045 with international competitiveness.
|Vice Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Nguyen Thi Tuyen. Photo: Gia Huy|
In the tenure of the 12th National Party Congress, what was the contribution of Hanoi to the country’s achievements?
Over the years, Hanoi Party Committee, the local government and people had overcome difficulties and challenges to attain major results. The city’s economy maintained strong growth with a positive economic structure, which was reflected by greater productivity, quality and efficiency.
In the 2016-20 period, Hanoi’s gross regional domestic product (GRDP) was estimated at 7.39% year-on-year. This led to an estimated income per capita of VND127.6 million (US$5,420) in 2020, a 1.5-fold increase against that of 2015 and 1.8 times the national average.
State budget revenue in the past five year grew by 1.64 times against the 2011-15 period.
The city’s business and investment environment has been constantly improved with greater support for startups and innovation. In 2016-20, Hanoi attracted US$25 billion in foreign direct investment (FDI), a 4-fold increase against the 2011-15 period.
In rural areas, the GRDP per capita of locals stood at VND55 million (US$2,383), representing an increase of 1.36-fold against 2016.
Overally, the city has undergone substantial changes to become greener, more beautiful and modern.
The year of 2020 was full of challenges and difficulties given the Covid-19 pandemic, however, the city stayed focus on the dual target of both containing the pandemic and boosting economic recovery.
Such efforts resulted in a positive economic growth of 3.98%year-on-year in 2020, while drastic measures were taken to support the business community and people affected by the pandemic.
To contribute to the success of the 13th National Party Congress, could you point out the objectives and orientations of Hanoi in the 2021-25 period?
Hanoi’s 17th Party Congress for the 2020-25 tenure sets the main objective for the city to become a modern and green city with high competitiveness. By 2025, Hanoi would complete the industrialization process and reach a GRDP per capital of US$8,300-8,500.
By 2030, Hanoi would become a modern, green and smart city with high competitiveness and achieve GRDP per capita of around US$12,000-13,000.
Hanoi is expected to be a global city by 2045 with international competitiveness, high living standards and comprehensive and sustainable economic and socio-cultural development. The GRDP per capita at that time is expected to be over US$36,000.
To achieve these targets, Hanoi has outlined three breakthroughs and 10 major action programs set to be carried out in 2020-25.
Based on the actual situation and targets for each period of time, especially the resolution of the ongoing 13th National Party Congress, the Hanoi Party Committee will come up with specific plans and measures to focus on in the coming time.
Thank you for your time!
Hanoi's 10 major action programs 2020-25:
(1) Enhancing the Party building process to ensure a strong and healthy development of the municipal Party Committee, and pushing for administrative reforms in the 2021-25 period.
(2) Focusing on revising of the growth model, economic restructuring and global integration, with a view to improving productivity, efficiency and competitiveness of Hanoi’s economy towards rapid and sustainable development in 2021-25.
(3) Urban economic development and renovation in 2021-25.
(4) Ensuring efficiency in the national program of building new-style rural areas in relation to agricultural restructuring and rural economic development in 2021-25.
(5) Pushing for greater efficiency in planning and utilization of natural resources, environmental protection, as well as staying active in response to natural disaster and climate change in 2021-25.
(6) Promoting culture and high-quality human resources, while building the image of elegant and civilized style of Hanoians in 2021-25.
(7) Pushing for science, technology and innovation development in 2021-25.
(8) Expanding social welfare and living standards of the people in 2021-25.
(9) Enhancing defense capabilities and maintaining political stability and public order in 2021-25.
(10) Ensuring greater efficiency in the fight against corruption, promoting thrift practice and waste combat in 2021-25.
Hanoi youths set off for military service
Hanoi students to return to school next Tuesday amid tight medical control
Vietnam is doing its utmost for citizen protection in Texas
Illustrated paintings of Hanoi streets by Bui Xuan Phai
Vietnam, US to enhance economic cooperation after Covid-19
Hanoi to experience cold and rainy weather in coming days
New coronavirus variant found in dead Japanese patient in Vietnam
Climate change threatens world security: UN Security Council meeting
Heavenly scenery of green moss in Ly Son Island