Hanoi sets up 30 checkpoints to prevent coronavirus contagion
The Hanoitimes - The checkpoints are aimed to detect people with symptoms of coronavirus infection and supervise the implementation of social distancing.
Hanoi’s authorities have set up 30 checkpoints in main entrance routes leading to the city to check the implementation of national isolation in the next two weeks.
|Police at a checkpoint in Hanoi on April 1. Photo: VnExpress|
A checkpoint, comprised of 10 members including traffic police, mobile police, local police, traffic inspector, army men and medical workers, checks vehicles and temperature of people in and out of the city.
The checkpoints are located at bridges of Thang Long, Long Bien, Chuong Duong, Vinh Tuy, and Thanh Tri, and roads leading to the city from the provinces of Ha Nam, Hung Yen, Bac Ninh, Hoa Binh, Phu Tho, Vinh Phuc, and Thai Nguyen.
Traffic participants are required to have temperature checked and declare travel history for around two minutes.
The check doesn’t affect the transport circulation, Lieut. Colonel Bui Xuan Phuong from Hanoi Traffic Police told VnExpress.
The operations of the checkpoints follow a request by Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung of the Hanoi People’s Committee who asked the municipal Department of Transport to stop passenger transport services by road, including urban bus, taxi, intercity bus, ride-hailing car and motorbike services.
As of Thursday morning, Hanoi confirmed 95 people infected with the novel coronavirus, including 14 foreigners, 38 Vietnamese nationals coming from abroad, and 43 others of secondary transmission.
The city now houses 21,346 people under quarantine. Meanwhile, the Hanoi Center for Disease Control and Prevention has taken 18,011 samples for coronavirus testing so far. From March 31, the city has set up several mobile quick test booths.
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
- Hanoi receives donation of 10,000 test kits to combat Covid-19
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
Danang continues Covid-19 lockdown
Acceleration of investment program helps Vietnam mitigate Covid-19 impacts
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors