Hanoi speeds up building smart transport: Official
The Hanoitimes - Hanoi is developing the criteria for installing synchronous cameras in the city, with the first installations set to be in downtown districts.
The Hanoi government is implementing a series of solutions to accelerate the construction of smart transport, according to Director of the municipal Department of Transport Vu Van Vien.
|Illustrative photo. Source: Internet|
The director emphasized that these solutions aim at reducing traffic congestion and implementing necessary routes to curb motor vehicles, collecting inner-city fees and even piloting a ban on motor vehicles in some areas.
The Hanoi People's Committee directs the municipal Department of Transport to enhance scientific and technological advances in management and maintenance of transport infrastructure, digitize transport infrastructure and build real-time traffic map. The move aims to provide online traffic situation for the VOV traffic channel, a local popular channel that informs drivers of traffic situation in Vietnam in real time, and help people select appropriate routes to reduce traffic congestion in the city.
The local government has actively applied scientific and technological advances in managing transportation in Hanoi, for instances, deploying Govone software in traffic infrastructure management, piloting electronic ticket system on Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), building digital map system which shows traffic status in real time.
Hanoi is also developing the criteria for installing synchronous cameras in the city, with the first installations set to be in downtown districts.
Besides, the capital city is building a center for supervising and managing traffic in the city, a center for managing electronic ticket system to timely serve bus routes and urban railway routes.
Moreover, Hanoi city has gradually modernized its management technologies such as piloting smart card ticket, managing and supervising vehicle journeys with GPS navigation devices, installing surveillance cameras to ensure order and security on buses, deploying bus finder software.
- Hanoi’s air quality back to unhealthy level on November 15
- Hanoi launches action month for gender equality
- Hanoi to host series of activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day
- Hanoi’s air quality markedly improved on November 14
- South Korea proposes cooperation with Hanoi in host of fields
- Hanoi seeks comment on plan to revive polluted river with river water
- Hanoi mayor’s visit opens up cooperation opportunities with Israeli and British partners
- Hanoi’s air quality on November 13: Mostly at unhealthy level
- Hanoi’s air quality worsens to alarmingly unhealthy level
- Buses contribute to environmental protection and tourism development in Hanoi
The Travel lists Hanoi among ten places to visit in Vietnam
EC impressed with Vietnam’s efforts to address illegal fishing
Seven must-visit locations for coffee drinkers in Hanoi
Foreign businesses seek more revision of Vietnam’s investment policy
Hanoi to host series of activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day
Hanoi seeks comment on plan to revive polluted river with river water
Vietnam rejects China’s maritime claims in South China Sea