Hanoi student bags gold medal at Informatics Olympiad
The Hanoitimes - With these achievements, the Vietnamese team ranked 9th among 87 countries and territories competing at the 2020 IOI.
All four Hanoi students competing at the 2020 International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI) have bagged medals, including one gold, according to the Ministry of Education and Training.
|All four Vietnamese students competing at the 2020 IOI win medals. Photo: Vietnamnet|
Bui Hong Duc, a 12th grader from High School for Gifted Students of the Hanoi University of Science under Vietnam National University, won the gold medal. Duc also won a gold medal at last year's competition.
Vu Hoang Kien, a 12th grader, and Le Quang Huy, an 11th grader from High School for Gifted Students of the Hanoi University of Science under Vietnam National University, secured silver medals.
Tran Quang Thanh, a 12th grader from High School for Gifted Students of the Hanoi National University of Education, won a bronze medal.
With these achievements, the Vietnamese team ranked 9th among 87 countries and territories competing at the 2020 IOI. China took the first place with four gold medals.
The 32nd IOI was held online by Singapore from September 13 to 23.
Last year, Vietnamese students won two gold, one silver, and one bronze medals at the 2019 IOI in Azerbaijan. With all of its contestants bagging medals, Vietnam ranked fourth among 87 competing countries and territories.
The IOI, one of the most prestigious computer science competitions in the world, is an annual competition for high school students. It is one of the five international science Olympiads, besides mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
- Germany helps Vietnam advance internalization in higher education
- Education sector contributes significantly to Hanoi’s achievements
- Vietnam ministry proposes 12.5% increase in public university tuition
- Hanoi to support more than 11,000 teachers affected by Covid-19
- Hanoi leads the country in education and training: Official
- Vietnamese education lures over US$4 billion foreign investment capital
- Higher education for Vietnamese students - Why Poland?
- New first-grade textbooks cause public resentment in Vietnam
- Hanoi student bags gold medal at Informatics Olympiad
- Vietnam human capital index higher than countries of same income level: WB
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam