Hanoi targets to have 900 enterprises in supporting industries this year
One third of such number would be able to take part in global supply chains of multinationals in Vietnam.
In 2021, Hanoi targets to have at least 900 enterprises operating in supporting industries, 300 of which would have production network of international standards and are capable of taking part in global supply chains of multinationals in Vietnam.
|Production at Thang Long Metal Wares Company. Photo: Pham Hung|
The objective is part of the action plan issued by the Hanoi People’s Committee on March 1, detailing measures to boost the development of supporting industries in the city in 2021.
By the end of this year, industrial production value from the supporting industries is expected to account for 16% of the total value in Hanoi’s processing and manufacturing sector, while the development index of supporting industries would expand by 11% annually.
Hanoi aims to promote supporting industries based on the city’s growth advantages and in line with the development orientation of its industrial sectors, focusing on three key fields, including manufacturing of parts and accessories, supporting industries for hi-tech industrial sectors and textile and footwear.
To realize these targets, the municipal People’s Committee would support local firms in the supporting industries to become suppliers for domestic and international clients, as well as attracting foreign investment capital into the supporting industries.
Hanoi also plans to assist enterprises in applying modern corporate governance to meet requirements of global supply chains, promoting R&D activities, technology transfer and upgrading new technologies in the production of new parts, materials and resources.
- Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
- Hanoi strives to create 10,000 jobs for rural workers
- NordCham seeks greater cooperation with Hanoi in green urban development
- Hanoi polytechnic lecturer receives Italian Order of the Star
- Hanoi named in Vietnam’s top 10 business-friendly localities
- E-government key to improve Hanoi public satisfaction on governance: Expert
- Some 350,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses to be administered for Hanoi residents
- Vietnam Stock Exchange set to have registered capital of US$130 million
- Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
- First smart electric bus underway in Hanoi
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking