Hanoi: ten thousands smuggled electronic cigarettes seized
The Hanoitimes - The smuggled goods have a total value of approximately VND800 million or around US$34.400.
Market watch forces on December 29, 2020 found a large batch of smuggled goods in an apartment in Long Bien district of Hanoi.
|Photo: Kinh te & Do thi|
At the warehouse apartment, market watch force seized 73 cigarette burners; 8,070 e-cigarettes and 3,043 vapes worth the total value of approximately VND800 million or around US$34.400.
At the same time, the owner of the goods couldn’t prove the legal origin of the batch and claimed that he is selling mainly to young people with an average price of VND300,000-400,000 (US$13) for a piece.
According to functional units, the transactions of e-cigarettes are conducted mainly on Facebook, and those who buy vapes are youth and teenagers. In order to promote sales, e-cigarette is usually advertised as being harmless or helping quit smoking. Illegal goods are usually kept in warehouses that located deep in alleys to conceal from the functional forces.
Market watch authorities said the case will be investigated further and smugglers will be sanctioned according to the current law.
- Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
- Vietnam to support Covid-19-affected workers on Tet holiday
- Hanoi to launch IT job trading floor this month
- Hanoi tests 100 imported frozen food samples for corona virus
- Schools are almost empty as freeze hits northern Vietnam
- Vietnam ranked among 10 countries with world’s lowest unemployment rate
- Frosty cold spell hits Hanoi, northern Vietnam
- Hanoi to provide plentiful goods for upcoming Tet holiday: Official
- Covid-19 likely causes more maternal mortality in Vietnam: UNFPA
- Bad weather worsens air pollution in Hanoi
Hanoi to invest at least 1% of GRDP in sci-tech by 2025
Vietnam Airlines, Humane Society International join hands to save rhinoceros
Vietnam needs to ensure uninterrupted care for elderly in pandemic: UNFPA
Vietnam to mobilize all forces for National Assembly election
Party Central Committee plenum completes preparation for 13th Congress
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic