Hanoi mayor thanks citizens for cooperation in fighting Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Local residents have helped the city’s authorities trace, verify and basically isolate all passengers and crews related to Vietnam Airlines flight VN0054.
Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung has thanked its residents for collaborating with authorities in recent days to comply with the Covid-19 disease prevention protocol in the city, the Government Portal reported.
|Chairman of the municipal People's Committee Nguyen Duc Chung speaks at the meeting on March 9. Photo: VGP|
The local residents have helped the city’s authorities trace, verify and basically isolate all passengers and crews related to Vietnam Airlines flight VN0054 that came from London on March 9 with 10 passengers positve with the coronavirus so far.
People related to all 13 positive cases detected in recent days have been identified. There have been no cases of infection cases in the community with unknown origin.
The Hanoi mayor requested suspension of all the city’s foreign working trips, except for special cases approved by the Vietnamese government.
Moreover, 100% of civil servants in departments and districts are requested to be on standby. Large gatherings should also be put off. All officials and public servants must wash hands with antiseptic sanitizer when coming in and out of office.
Mayor Chung also called on people to clean up their houses and villages on weekends.
Hanoi has so far reported four infection cases, with the first detected on March 6.
Vietnam has reported 34 Covid-19 infection cases in 10 cities and provinces as of March 10, of them 16 have been cured.
- A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
- Hanoi mayor suspended from duties for involving in criminal cases
- Over 80% enterprises in Hanoi register for e-invoicing
- Hanoi to provide electric tourist car services at 8 locations
- Hanoi to quarantine nearly 1,000 people evacuated from Danang
- Health ministry checks two high-risk hospitals in Hanoi
- Hanoi to complete Covid-19 test for 75,000 returnees from Danang by August 20
- Hanoi rushes to test all returnees from Danang soon
- Hanoi mayor requests 'absolute safety' for national high school exams amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Hanoi among leading localities having users of contact tracing app Bluezone
A look at nearly complete modern ring road in Hanoi
Vietnamese consumers prefer using cashless payments
Vietnam infrastructure market among most diverse competitive landscapes in SE Asia
Vietnam’s unprecedented 2020 national high school exam
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors