Hanoi timely delivers aids to 385.4 thousand people hit by Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - Almost all districts in Hanoi have made relief payments to the right people.
Hanoi has timely delivered aids to 385.4 thousand people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic, totaling VND474.1 billion (US$20.48 million), local media reported, citing the municipal government’s report at a June 29 meeting.
|An overview of the June 29 meeting. Photo: Kinhtedothi.vn|
Earlier, on April 29, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Ngo Van Quy signed a decision to disburse a part of the money to support people in need, including revolutionary contributors, social assistance beneficiaries and poor people.
The report said that almost all districts in Hanoi had made relief payments to the right people who said they felt touched as the aid came on time.
On April 24, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc decided to roll out a relief package worth VND62 trillion (US$2.7 billion) to support vulnerable people directly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The package covers six beneficiary groups who would receive financial support in cash during three months starting from April.
The funding for the package would come from state and provincial budgets, including savings from regular expenditures for meetings, workshops, abroad working trips, festivals and others.
In addition to direct financial support, workers are entitled to deferral in contribution for pensions and death gratuity funds in 12 months.
Besides, the city has approved unemployment insurance benefits for over 22.2 thousand people worth VND496.2 billion (US$21.43 million).
- Two thirds of Vietnamese married women suffer domestic violence: Study
- Kazakhstan puts Covid-19 situation under control
- Another Vietnamese geopark recognized by UNESCO
- Recruitment demand in Vietnam drops 20% q/q in Q2 on Covid-19: Survey
- Vietnam starts collecting traffic fines online
- Vietnam: Nearly 8 million workers lose jobs or on furlough on Covid-19
- US ambassador announces completion of project to preserve UNESCO heritage site Ho Citadel
- Hanoi timely delivers aids to 385.4 thousand people hit by Covid-19
- Nearly 89% of Vietnam population covered by health insurance
- “Yoga from home”- celebrations of 6th Int’l Day of Yoga amid Covid-19
Infrastructure is essential for Hanoi's first satellite city to attract investment
Two thirds of Vietnamese married women suffer domestic violence: Study
Vietnam climbs two places in UN e-government index 2020
Vietnam’s transport ministry proposes reopening Asia air routes from August
Vietnam rises in global real estate transparency index: JLL
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors