Hanoi to build square, shopping malls around My Dinh Stadium
The Hanoitimes - The city’s Nam Tu Liem district targets to become a modern urban center with comprehensive social and technical infrastructure in terms of services, sports, entertainment and commerce.
Hanoi’s authorities plan to build a series of sports – cultural center, square, hotel and shopping malls around the My Dinh National Stadium in Nam Tu Liem district with the target of transforming the district into a modernized urban area with with a focus on services, sports, entertainment and commerce.
|A land lot proposed to build a cultural - sports - youth square, in front of the National Stadium, Nam Tu Liem district. Photo: Vietnammoi.vn|
The orientation is included in the conclusion of its Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Vuong Dinh Hue at a meeting with the Party Committee of Nam Tu Liem district on May 7.
According to the conclusions, Hanoi’s Party chief agreed on the Nam Tu Liem district’s initiative of opening a night market in Me Tri area to take advantage of a community of 10,000 South Korean expats in the area.
Secretary Vuong Dinh Hue also suggested that the district should consider building a mega mall beneath the My Dinh square, in front of the National Stadium, to maximize the advantages and create a comprehensive system that includes sports – cultural center, plaza, hotel and shopping area around the My Dinh National Sports Center.
Nam Tu Liem district is requested to submit the overall planning of the area around the My Dinh stadium to the municipal People’s Committee for approval before July.
The works on the renovation of the My Dinh National Stadium’s surrounding area include the opening of commercial streets on Dong Bong route to Phu Do cultural center, the promotion of the craft village Phu Do specializing in making vermicelli and the green rice village of Me Tri.
This proposal must be completed in June for competent authorities’ approval.
- Hanoi to tap into domestic market to achieve socio-economic targets for 2020
- Hanoi shakes hands with provinces to stimulate domestic tourism
- Hanoi considers economic recovery a priority in H2
- Hanoi needs to speed up five key transport projects: Municipal Party chief
- Hanoi urged to stay active in attracting multinationals: Expert
- Hanoi’s special finance-budget mechanism to take effect from August 15
- Hanoi craft villages use alternative energy to ease environmental pollution
- Hanoi – safe investment destination post Covid-19
- Hanoi committed to supporting businesses to overcome Covid-19 crisis: Mayor
- Hanoi modernizes automatic air monitoring system
Hanoi to tap into domestic market to achieve socio-economic targets for 2020
Hanoi shakes hands with provinces to stimulate domestic tourism
Hanoi considers economic recovery a priority in H2
Vietnam economic resilience outperforms Asia’s frontier sovereigns: Fitch
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget